Coke Zero

Wilma

Silver Member
Can we have Coke Zero? On the label it says 0 carbohydrate and it doesn't have citric acid in ing. list.
I sooooooooooo hope it's OK to have:drool:
Deb

I think a lot of people advise against it, but I had some yesterday and it was soooooooooo nice to have something different! I checked my ketosis levels and I am absolutely fine. I am thinking of maybe having a can a week or something to keep me going - but certainly no more than that x

I have read that diet coke it a no no because of the citric acid - but there isn't anything in the zero. I did have one yesterday but feel very guilty. It would be nice to know if they are OK to have without the guilt and the risk of spoiling a good week.
Thanks for the reply X

The official answer is no I'm afraid. It can knock some people out of ketosis (everyone is different) and it, from what I hear, can make you hungry.
If you really need something different to drink try one of the water flavourings with fizzy water.

Theres been a lot of dbate re Coke Zero some people are fine with it others find it knocks them out of ketosis. I haven't risked it as I don't think a can of coke is worth going through all that again lol. Have you tried the CD water flavouring? I have it in sparkling water & it's fab, keeps me satisfied & feels like a bit of a treat after a long day of water!! xx

Can you have those in week 2? I see my CDC for 1st weigh in on Sat

If it gets you drinking more water it's fine. You are only allowed 1 teaspoon a day but my cdc says if it means you drink all the water you need she would rather you have it than not. xx

Quote from the above thread: Cambridge does not recommend the use of carbonated, so-called 'zero calorie' drinks. They are usually not 'zero calorie' an can lead to a feeling of bloating, as well as perpetuating the taste for other conventional foods.

To be honest, if this is the only reason, I am going to keep having it - it really helps me and it's not made me feel bloated or crave other foods or kicked me out of ketosis

I had one client drinking Coke Zero and it affected their weightloss and ultimately it led them to eat as they were so dispondent.

It really isn't worth it, however, only you can decide if its worth the risk.

it really helps me and it's not made me feel bloated or crave other foods or kicked me out of ketosis
It's different for everyone though hun, I for example can't even have sugar free gum without being knocked out of ketosis!:eek:
It can be a very fine line for a lot of people so it's always best to not encourage even though it doesn't affect you.

It's different for everyone though hun, I for example can't even have sugar free gum without being knocked out of ketosis!:eek:
It can be a very fine line for a lot of people so it's always best to not encourage even though it doesn't affect you.

You are exactly right - I guess it's the same with the bars. I am very lucky I suppose that I can have a bar every day and it doesn't affect me and same with the coke zero. I certainly wouldn't have it more than once a week and no more than a can - last night I had about 200ml in total of it - just a nice little treat. But by no means am I encouraging everyone else, I hope everyone knows that, just saying it works for me :)

Aww no Kelly, that's really awful - I don't think I'd cope without them! You really must have great willpower x

Back