Coke Zero

Tonic

OK, so my CDC said I can have coke zero from day one. My book says I'm allowed a pint of zero drinks a day, but I have read on here that they are now allowed.

Please can someone clear this up for me?

Cheers! :confused:

Zero drinks arent really allowed i use mine as a treat about once a week and only try to have a can or half a small bottle as they can make you feel hungry.

Hope this helps x

it's allowed when u are doing the 1000kcal and higher plans. when u are doing SS and SS+ it's pretty much not allowed. i mean- it won't necessarily slow your weight loss but u will feel hungry as hell:)

I must have an old book or something then? My book is for the Sole Source programme.

I had some coke zero at lunch time and it actually made me feel full up - perhaps it bloated me out or something.

yup, coke zero used to be allowed but i guess CD manufacturers realized it makes a lot of ppl hungry and tends to make them overeat, so they removed it from the allowed liquids:)

My cheeky cdc, giving me an old book!!! I'll try and avoid it. Thanks for the help x

So is the only reason its not on the allowed list is because it can make you hungry or does it slow weight loss or kick you out of Ketosis.

Just wondering, i wont drink it yet as want to shift this weight but useful to know when i am on the higher plans.

I find that zero drinks, don't make me stall, but they do make me want something else more sweet afterwards, and its usually then I have the urge to start picking. Which then leads to a bit of a wobbly.

I tend to try to steer clear.

i am totally addicted to it, was throughout my last attempt at cambridge too, didn't slow my weight loss and i didn't feel hungry, but everyone is different! :) i still drink a fair amount of it, no doubt it'll bite me in the bum at some point (though bum will b smaller so don't really care!!)

My cdc has said that one can of coke zero a day is allowed but no more than that. I've been told it won't kick you out of ketosis but it stimulates your hunger so makes the diet harder to stick to (apparently) but i've never had any problems with it tbh.

Coke zero is the only coke/pepsi drink that doesn't have citric acid in it & so shouldn't throw you out of ketosis, but as others have said it can make you hungry. I think doing the lower CD plans are about changing the way you think about what you put into your body and to me if you're just shovelling coke zero in that's probably keeping a link to your old eating habits if that makes sense. That said if having the occasional glass of coke zero as a treat stops you deviating further from the diet that's got to be a good thing. I have to admit to having a 500ml bottle on the days that I have a long shift at work and need a boost. Mmm caffeine...

My CDC said i could have up to 2 cans a day, I was fine just with the water so didn't have it for the first couple of weeks. I had half a small bottle one week, and a can and a small bottle last week. I didn't feel hungry but I don't want to have too much of it. I used to drink loads of diet coke before starting and don't even miss it. Trying to only have one small bottle a week, find if it's in the fridge I have it even if I don't really want it - same as I used to be with food, diet coke etc.

i would watch out for low cal drinks with citric acid which is found naturally in fruit and can destroy tooth enamel and interfere with ketosis (Im led to believe by an avid atkins fan!) - the only one i can find without so far is dr pepper zero. my booklet recommends that you dont drink these drinks as they can lead to a feeling of bloating and give you the taste for more conventional foods - i guess when i go to the stall at work to buy a can there are lots of temptations right there aswell - however find a can mid morning helps with my hunger pangs and i dont buy anything naughty!

Hi ,
I only started on Monday and am on ss , I was also told I can drink as much as I want as long as itis coke zero? I'm glad I haven't had any just in case but It's a bit confusing when one counsellor says one thing and another says different ?:confused:

OK, so my CDC said I can have coke zero from day one. My book says I'm allowed a pint of zero drinks a day, but I have read on here that they are now allowed.

Please can someone clear this up for me?

Cheers! :confused:

Coke Zero is not allowed.

Some CDC's are still working from old books.

The current and uptodate information is no low cal drinks at all on the lower plans.

Coke Zero is not allowed.

Some CDC's are still working from old books.

The current and uptodate information is no low cal drinks at all on the lower plans.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Back