Cold pasta??

Hello there, how about this FREE creamy pasta bake..

Creamy Pasta Bake
Information
Serves: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Syns per serving: EE = FREE

Ingredients
225g/9oz dried penne pasta
4 courgettes
1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 red onions
4 garlic cloves
Fry light
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300g fat-free natural fromage frais

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Cook the penne according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.

2. Cut the courgettes into thick strips, deseed and cut the peppers into strips, peel and roughly chop the onions and peel and finely chop the garlic. Place the vegetables in a large roasting tin and sprinkle over the garlic. Spray lightly with Fry Light and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender.

3. When cooked, transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes and dried herbs, season well and stir to combine. Place the mixture in an oven proof dish.

4. Beat the fromage frais until smooth, season and toss with the drained pasta. Spoon over the vegetables and return to the oven to cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, divide between four warmed serving plates, and serve immediately with some boiled green beans.

Hope this is some help :) x

I usually find that cold pasta is nice with mixed salad (esp with added spring onions and sweetcorn) and a drizzle of light dressing. If you're on EE prawns are nice with it too :)

I do find you need some kind of dressing that isn't too sticky or the cold pasta can go quite claggy!

I always just have cold pasta with Tuna mayo and sweetcorn...

Or with mayo and chicken, sweetcorn, onion

mmmm

Mix your cold pasta with a small bag of salad leaves, come chopped bacon a couple tablespoons of extra light salad cream and 1-2 tsp of piri piri chicken seasoning. I found this on one of those "I have to use this stuff up" days.

Hello there, how about this FREE creamy pasta bake..

Creamy Pasta Bake
Information
Serves: 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Syns per serving: EE = FREE

Ingredients
225g/9oz dried penne pasta
4 courgettes
1 red and 1 yellow pepper
2 red onions
4 garlic cloves
Fry light
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
300g fat-free natural fromage frais

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. Cook the penne according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside.

2. Cut the courgettes into thick strips, deseed and cut the peppers into strips, peel and roughly chop the onions and peel and finely chop the garlic. Place the vegetables in a large roasting tin and sprinkle over the garlic. Spray lightly with Fry Light and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until tender.

3. When cooked, transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes and dried herbs, season well and stir to combine. Place the mixture in an oven proof dish.

4. Beat the fromage frais until smooth, season and toss with the drained pasta. Spoon over the vegetables and return to the oven to cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, divide between four warmed serving plates, and serve immediately with some boiled green beans.

Hope this is some help :) x

i just made this and it was gorgeous!

Back