Cold remedy advice

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by scotwannabethin, 9 October 2007 Social URL.

1. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Morning guys,
    I am feeling a bit under the weather this morning, really sore throat and just generally groggy.
    Can anyone suggest cold remedys that we can take whilst on LL?
    Thanks very much in advance,
    sniff, sniff, cough, cough.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Goombagirl

Goombagirl Full Member

Sorry to hear you are unwell. Best remedy is to take paracetamol and ibuprofen (both - they are different so you can get the benefits of 2 drugs) (and make sure you keep topped up with the maximum dose even if you start to feel better) and.... you've guessed it...plenty of water! I suppose warm fluids are best for a sore throat. There is a lot of evidence to show that remedies from pharmacies don't actually work; we buy them to make ourselves feel we are taking care of ourselves. Paracetamol is king for upper respiratory tract infections; cold remedies are a waste of money (but might make you feel better psychologically).

Hope you feel better soon.

4. scotwannabethin

scotwannabethin Back to the grindstone!!

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.15%)
    Diet:
    W8 as need to lose so I can TTC!!!
    Goombagirl,
    Thanks, I will give that a go and see if it makes me feel a bit more human again!!

5. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

for sore throats you can get diabetic (sugar free) cough medicine, it really does help

6. SharonA_1970

SharonA_1970 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I believe you can also use an antiseptic throat spray such as ultrachloroseptic

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.