coldsores

slimmeplease

i am absolutely covered in coldsores on my lips, nose and between my lip and nose, zovirax doesnt work for me does anyone know of anything else i can use im so upset i feel like thats all people can see when they look at me and i dont want to go out heeeellllppppp xxx

Hi, I suffer from coldsores too, anytime I have an allnighter or just generally feeling rundown or stressed or sunburnt.

I'm useless with zivorax too, I'm always caught short when I get that tingly feeling, and by the morning - it'll be too late.

My friend has put me on these patches:
Compeed Cold Sore Patch - 15 Pack

- available at boots.

The patch sticks to your skin over the cold sore and keeps it moist so it doesn't dry/crack then bleed causing more pain, more notice and more embarrassment. Once the patch is on, I've found that my lips look much better, no ugly redness. The patch sort of goes translucenty over the skin, and I personally think looks 10x better than a horrible painful red sore.

Btw: you think everyone is looking at it only because you feel it there pulsating out of your lip like a great big red angry mountain - you're so aware it but chances are most people won't notice it or if they do, not really spare it a 2nd thought as it's not really a concern to them and their day!

hi i get coldsores too and this week back on sole source not been 100% though. I've had a coldsore trying to come up on my top lip all week!! It finally has today typical cos i've got a date, y does this happen. Anyway go to your dr's and ask for some tablets cally acyclovir the active ingredient in zovirax... i also found the cream useless but the tablets work really quick and dampen down frequent outbursts! X

If you get them that bad, go and see the Doctor. You can get tablets which you start taking at the very first tingle. You take about 5 of these tablets a day and they work really well.

Also, try not to get stressed or too run down as that does tend to cause outbreaks.

I know a couple of people that get coldsores when 1st starting back on ss, but they always clear up after a week, the compeed patches are supposed to be really great.
Good Luck & great loss so far. x

awww thanks everyone think i will get some patches and ask doc for tablets ill try everthing xxx

I too suffer from them and find Fenistil works quite well, I have also used the patches before but I'm not keen on them

Hiya!

Yesterday morning I woke up at 5ish for the loo... no sign of coldsores whatsoever.. woke again at 7 and OMG!!!! usually I get that little tingle then one'll break out - but OOOH No! Not on this occasion!!! I looked like a spitting image character on botox!! Hahaha!!! Started to wonder if I was going into anaphylactix!..and then it all calmed back down again within 10 minutes or so, and I was left with SEVEN huge coldsores all joined up and having a party around my mouth!!! (not to mention the ones strolling up my nose! cheeky blighters!)

Saw the GP, and she prescribed Aciclovir tablets 5 a day for 7 days, and they've all already started to go right down...

doesn't mean it'd be right for you.. but I just thought I'd share my story... you know how it is.. poblem shared can be a problem [STRIKE]doubled[/STRIKE] halved :D

Vxxx

The other thing you could try is some L-lysine - you can get it at health food shops.

My OH suffered for years with the bl**dy things, but taking 500mg a day (that's one tablet), she hardly gets them at all now. Definitely worth a shot. It won't get rid of the ones you've got, but it might stop more appearing. It's one of those supplements that the medical profession say is bunkum (probably cos there's no money to be made out of research :rolleyes:) - but like I said, it seems to work!

Back