Coleslaw etc

jac76

I would love to make some homemade coleslaw/sauces extra but am no good at chopping or shredding. could any one suggest a decent food processor that can do it all but doesn't cost the earth?

thanks

jac76 said:
I would love to make some homemade coleslaw/sauces extra but am no good at chopping or shredding. could any one suggest a decent food processor that can do it all but doesn't cost the earth?

thanks

I normally just buy the coleslaw mix from asda - it has shredded onion, Cabbage and carrot. Then i add my own sauce - plain yoghurt and kraft ff sauce. All free and very nice. No faff with having to shred etc

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

For making coleslaw I just use a bog standard cheese grater. Grate the carrots and cabbage and finely chop the onions. Mix together with FF Fromage Frais and Quark.

I do the same as Gracey. I just make eough for me and my BFs lunch each morning and the bag opened Monday is still good enough (for me!!) on Friday. Ham, cheese, coleslaw, tomato and cucumber roll with mustard (using half a Laughing Cow light for each roll and the extra light mayo in the coleslaw). Yum and easy.

I love the asda Ranch salad mix, but I make my own coleslaw most of the time using one of the shredders/graters on the top shelf of this photo

577369_10150839339276900_575336899_12106721_74023849_n.jpg

but I do own a food processor too, I have a Kenwood cheapy jobbie from tescos and it's not great, but it does the job.

Back