Colleagues bringing in naughty treats!

KatD90

Hi team

I'm back on the SW band wagon after a naughty Easter of wine, chocs etc. I've been to the supermarket, planned all our meals and have stuck to plan for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But then I come into work and people have brought in yummies! Homemade scones, cream and jam on Monday and rocky road and apple cake today! So difficult to resist when my only alternative is a pear! So annoyed that I've let myself eat some of all of the above when I KNOW it's bad for me and I KNOW it's off plan and I KNOW I'll beat myself up about it later. And then I sit and think "oh I wish I was skinny like so and so" but the reason she's skinny is because she's having chicken salad for lunch and no naughty treats! It's stupid because I know exactly what I'm doing I just can't seem to resist :( I keep telling myself that it's my syncs for the day but it's bad to have them every day :s

Anyway, I just wondered how you guys cope with the office baker / birthday / leaving treats?!

I allow myself a small portion if its something a really really like. But only once a week. Other days i would have some low syn treats instead. Special k choc bars or alpen lights perhaps with options hot choc.

I want to work where you work!! ;) I only work in a small office & I'm very vocal about SW, I talk about it a lot so when there's goodies (which isn't often) usually the person will say "oh Lisa won't have one she's on SW...". It does me a favour. Last week my boss brought in a box of Heroes, I had one about an hour ago but it's only 2.5syns so easy to include.

Why not tell your colleagues how important SW is to you & not to offer you any? Just because the food's there, doens't mean you have to eat it :) You know you'll feel better for saying no.

Is there any way you can avoid seeing the treats or are they in plain view?

At my office they always put them in the kitchen and I just avoided going in there if I wanted to avoid temptation.

If you can't avoid them try and make sure you've had your lunch before facing the treats, if you are not hungry that should help a bit with the temptation.

This happens all the time in our office, there are always sweets, chocolate, cream cakes, pastries, etc. floating around. In fact, about half an hour ago Simon passed round a huge box of Thorntons chocolates...and I resisted :)

So, how did I do it? Easy! When I'm faced with that situation, I just ask myself which I would prefer; a chocolate, or a cracking weight loss this week - I know which I'd pick each and every time! ;)

Some excellent advice as ever! Today there are some chocolatey things and I am resisting because I am going to the gym tonight and don't want to un-do all my hard work! Also I normally bring lunch but didn't today so I went out before work to get it so that I didn't go out when hungry and buy bad things. So sushi for lunch is my treat for today! Also had a chat with a girl in the office as she's trying to loose weight for her wedding do we're going to team up and fight the flab! We're going to have ourselves a nice tea or options hot chocolate or fruit when the treats come out and resist together!

Let's hope there aren't any birthdays coming up :p

And you're right about wanting a loss this week (after STS last week) more than I want chocolate and guilt!

I have two really horrible work mates that barely speak to me but have been buying me chocolate/treats since they found out I had joined Slimming World. They think it's really funny. They bought me an easter egg the other week so I just smiled, thanked them and put it on my desk. Later in the day I opened it up and passed it round the office so it was all gone. I try and keep fruit with me all the time, or a mug shot. That way I know while everyone is having the chocolate cake my boss' wife makes (sooooo many syns) I can have something good and enjoy a treat when I get in At the endo of the week, when I stand on the scales and lose weight, I know I've won :)

gleessa said:
I have two really horrible work mates that barely speak to me but have been buying me chocolate/treats since they found out I had joined Slimming World. They think it's really funny. They bought me an easter egg the other week so I just smiled, thanked them and put it on my desk. Later in the day I opened it up and passed it round the office so it was all gone. I try and keep fruit with me all the time, or a mug shot. That way I know while everyone is having the chocolate cake my boss' wife makes (sooooo many syns) I can have something good and enjoy a treat when I get in At the endo of the week, when I stand on the scales and lose weight, I know I've won :)

Id either publicly give it away or publicly throw it in the bin :) I'm lucky that my workmates are v supportive and 4 of them have just joined sw-what doesn't help is that I work nights and there's always leftover cakes for the residents x

Maybe chop up something like an Alpen light - if you only get three chunks it makes them 1 syn each :)

As everyone else has said, just keep in mind you have that weigh in, and what it is you'd want to see on the scales!

My office is full of chocolate fiends, but they're very supportive and are always commenting on how well I'm doing, etc. If there are some sort of treats going round the office, I'm always offered some (so as not to deprive me), but never pressurised into it if I decline.

Yesterday I took in two packets of cadbury choccy biccies in for my work colleagues, as they were on offer, and didn't touch a single one!! *runs off to polish halo* :)

Some excellent advice as ever! Today there are some chocolatey things and I am resisting because I am going to the gym tonight and don't want to un-do all my hard work! Also I normally bring lunch but didn't today so I went out before work to get it so that I didn't go out when hungry and buy bad things. So sushi for lunch is my treat for today! Also had a chat with a girl in the office as she's trying to loose weight for her wedding do we're going to team up and fight the flab! We're going to have ourselves a nice tea or options hot chocolate or fruit when the treats come out and resist together!

Let's hope there aren't any birthdays coming up :p

And you're right about wanting a loss this week (after STS last week) more than I want chocolate and guilt!

Well done on sticking to your guns. I'm glad you found someone to team up with, much better than feeling the odd one out when the treats come round!

Good luck :)

Back