• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Combatting boredom - help!

When I'm at work I'm fine with cravings and emotional hunger but I'm realising that a big trigger for me is boredom eating. At the moment I'm on a tight deadline for the book I'm writing and so am spending every spare moment sat in front of my laptop typing - something I need to do if I'm going to deliver the book by the end of the month (I'm about 40k short at the moment!)

I enjoy writing but as expected there are those moments when I get really bleeding bored of spending all my time thinking and typing. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to combat these thoughts?

Thanks in advance

xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

MsJMC

Strong women stay slim
I know what you mean , we only over eat because we are board .
Put some music on , feel good . Run a bath . do some hobbies , say soap making , make things for xmas . how about a patch work bedspread that will take a long time !

LovelyLauren

My husband = My hero
im just excercising like mad every spare minute i get when im not looking after the babe!

Sorry not much help hunni, maybe put a favourite CD on while you write - if it doesnt take away your focus.. xx

I might start going for walks when the boredom really strikes, I suppose that's better than sitting on the sofa trying to ignore the little voices in my head.

Some fab suggestions, I knew you would have the answers! xx

I eat out of boredom and I only just realised when I started this diet how bad it was! I really need to get a hobby or something. I've been having a bubble bath or doing my nails when I get bored :) But I only have so many nails I can do! Might have to start painting my boyfriends nails hehe

I read loads and loads and loads! I'm also addicted to greys anatomy so that helps!! Pluck eyebrows, hot bath, pampering etc...things to make u feel good :) x