In need of help

Hey!

I'm really in need of some help/inspiration/a kick up the arse!

I have about 6 stone 7 lbs to lose and it's daunting. I feel like it's going to take forever and like it's unachievable. I like to see results instantly And I know full well I won't and that it'll take time.

I've been trying to lose weight for about 3 years but somehow managed to gain 2 and a half stone instead. I'm at the point where my weight is effecting my everyday life an this is it now. I need to do something about it or I'm just going to get bigger and bigger and my health is going to get effected.

If anyone has any tips, suggestions, encouragement or anything then please feel free. I really need some support at the Moment as I've tried and failed to lose weight so many times my partners given up on me and doesn't support me losing weight as he says I'll just give up again. I find it so hard and feel like I don't have a life or can't enjoy things when I'm 'dieting'

HELLLLLLLLP!! xx

Hi sorry to hear your feeling so low, i have been on loads of diets but never stuck to any. This is the first time i have done SW and loving it, so easy to do and not hungry at all.Best of all it fits in with the rest of the family

Don't look at the fact you have to lose 6.5 stone. I agree that it's too daunting, and you'll probably give up before you start because it feels impossible. Just focus on whatever small goal you can manage. Lots of people work towards their next award, so you're talking no more than half a stone at a time. If that is too much, work on getting through the week on plan. Or even one day at a time. If you have a bad day, it doesn't write off the whole diet. Start again the next day, just keep going. It also helps if you can think of it as a lifestyle, rather than a diet. A diet implies that you're depriving yourself. There is no food that is off limits on SW, it's only the portion size of some foods that you have to moderate.

I started with 7.5 stone to lose. I have never focused on that number, even though I know it's there because it's what the doctor set. I've now lost nearly 3.5 stone in five months taking it one day at a time. And until Dechox, that included having chocolate every single day!

It really is cliche, but it's one step at a time. One goal at a time. Break it down in to managable portions. I track in lbs, so I look at every 10 stage, so from 260lbs to 250lbs and so on... 6 stone literally crept up on me and I didn't realise it was close until I'd already hit it.

In addition, you can't think of this as a 'diet', it's not something you're going to do briefly and then go back to doing what got you to 6 stone overweight. You're changing your habits, and the goal is to make the right choice without really thinking about it.

I personally refuse to give up my social life just to lose weight. I love going out to eat, and probably do so once a fortnight or so. I find switching between plans helps me the best that way I'm still in control. So say I want to go out to eat or order takeaway I'll calorie count for the day, all other times I'm on SW. Again it's all about resetting the mindset. So what if you STS one week? Does it matter in the grand scheme of things, as long as the general trend line is down.

The problem is that some people put too much pressure on themselves to lose the weight that they fall off the wagon for a day and then that's it, they're off the wagon for days/weeks/months basically one step forward, two steps back. They key is learning how to have a bad day then have a good day straight afterwards.

I'm hardly one to talk re speedy weight loss, it's taken 3 years to get me to this point BUT I haven't given up my social life, I eat whatever I want (within reason!!) and i've never been off plan for more than 2 weeks. Just keep plodding, one good day followed by another and eventually it'll click.

I totally agree with Stackhead - I lose weight really slowly and it miffed me off at first when I was seeing others losing 2+ lbs a week whereas I was just about losing 1/2 lb and even then, every other week. But I also decided that I could see myself carrying on with this way of eating indefinitely so who cares if I STS one week or even put on a pound or two the next, I know it will come off eventually and don't really care how long it takes. I am absolutely enjoying what I eat and do not deprive myself of anything (or if I do, I adapt it to suit). As Stackhead said, one day or goal at a time. Better to take weight off steadily and slow rather than quick. Keep positive, get your will power in check and get your head around this 'diet' and you will see an end result.

Hi there, as the others said, don't look at the big number. You probably have not put all the weight on in a short time so why not take the same time for losing it as it took you to put it on? :) I don't see SW as a diet because I can eat all my favourites (IE mountains of pasta! :rolleyes:).

I am also a slow loser 1/2lb - 1 lb on average (probably more like 1/2 lbs at the moment :rolleyes:) with many sts and gains in between. It took me a long time to lose just about 6.5 st. And I am still not where I want to be. I am taking the scenic route. On occasion I go off plan for a day but I am back on track the next day. I also enjoy my holidays, try not to be too strict and enjoy my time. But as soon as I am back home I go back on plan. We still have to live our lives, don't we :D.

Try to accept it takes longer (I understand that might be difficult, we all wish the pounds would just disappear overnight, don't we? :cool:). As previously mentioned by others, set mini goals. The monthly challenges here on the forum help as well :). What helps me as well is that I go to (and stay at) class every week. I need this kind of "control". It is also a good laugh and I like to see how good the others are doing. Are you going to a class or are you trying this on your own?

Don't look back on what has not worked for you in the past. Look forward, stay positive and stick to the plan (well, most of the time :cool:) then the lbs will come off. SW is a great plan and you can still have a social life. Me as a "slow loser" can vouch for that :)

Good Luck x

Back