Combining SW with slim fast???

joee

Hi all,

I am a bit of lurker but thought I need to post and ask a question.

I have hit a bit of a brick wall after losing around 5 stone on Slimming World with a lot more to go. I was thinking about calorie counting for a short while and having slim fast shakes and doing slimming world principles - has anyone done something similar to this?

I am getting towards my wits end with myself and I wonder if a change like this will be able to help me to reassess my eating habits.

Thanks in advance.

Xx

I have stash of slim fast milkshakes that I have when I need to get out the door and no time for breakfast, and I calorie count (macros too) and I have done sw and use some of those principles too, I.e. sw chips, fruit as snacking, extra low mayo, measure my cheese to less than the 30g, I usually have 23g. :) it's so confusing knowing what to do isn't it!

Maybe try logging your food in a carrier counting app just to see how many calories you're having a day. I've been doing that because I have an app on my phone. Some days I've tried keeping the calories low and some days they are just naturally low so I'm still mostly following SW but trying to be aware of option sizes, especially with cards.

I made a balls the other night and weighed 140g of dry pasta before realising that was meant to be the cooked weight and went way over 2000 calories for the day but I had followed SW anyway with the 1/3 superfree so didn't worry too much about it.

Maybe just mixing things up a bit would help, make sure you're measuring healthy extras and syns. It'll probably start to come off again. Personally I couldn't do shakes, I wouldn't last a day...

Good luck! Sorry for rambling so much.

Back