Come dine with me

law3a3m

Gold Member
Hi!

I'm hosting a come done with me style night with some friends and for my night I want to keep SW friendly for 2 reasons. 1- I want to stay on plan and 2- I want to prove that SW is just as tasty!
I've got loads of ideas for starter and main but I'm struggling with dessert. If I list my picky eaters dislikes can anyone provide some low syn ideas? I'm prepared to use up to 7 syns as the rest of the meal will be syn free and I can still have some wine!

1. I have one veggie coming
2. No quark!
3. No cooked or dried fruit
4. No yogurt

Thanks!

How about this!

Pete’s Knickerbocker Glory

Serves 4

Ingredients

5 ripe Banana’s (sff)
1Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 bag of mixed summer fruits (ss)(sff)
Sweetener

Extras
*1 Can low fat spray cream (1tbsp=1syn) (Co-op Squirty Cream)
*1 11g pack of Options (3 syn/4=0.75 syn each)
*4 Marshmallows (1 syn each)
* 5g Mixed Nuts (1.5 syn)

Method

Peal the banana’s and cut into 30mm pieces, place in a freezer-proof plastic sealable box and place in a freezer, remove after 1 hour and pulp the bananas with a hand blender, then return to the freezer for another 1 hr.

Remove and beat the mixture, taste and add the vanilla extract and sweetener to taste if required return to the freezer.

Continue until the mixture appears like soft Ice-cream, it can be used as this or return until the mixture is frozen, when ready remove from the freezer.

Prepare the glass dish and layer the base with fruit, add a layer of ice-cream, continue until full, finishing with the ice-cream, finish with the liquid from the fruit tipped over the ice-cream.

Knickerbocker Glory-3 (Small).JPG

The Dark Chocolate and Peppermint Mousse from this months Mag (Jan/Feb 13) is delicious. It's just dark choc, sweetener, eggs and peppermint flavouring (extract or essence) and is 3.5 syns per serving

The mousse sounds lovely and it's so simple. I'm always struggling for tasty dessert ideas so I'll definitely be giving it a go.

The mousse sounds lovely and it's so simple. I'm always struggling for tasty dessert ideas so I'll definitely be giving it a go.

It was really easy! Just melt dark chocolate, separate the eggs and whisk the whites to soft peaks, whisk the yolks with sweetener and peppermint until thick and light and then fold in the chocolate and egg whites and place in the freezer for 2 hours. I topped mine with a dollop of fat free fromage frais and grated chocolate. Nom nom nom! :eat:

It was really easy! Just melt dark chocolate, separate the eggs and whisk the whites to soft peaks, whisk the yolks with sweetener and peppermint until thick and light and then fold in the chocolate and egg whites and place in the freezer for 2 hours. I topped mine with a dollop of fat free fromage frais and grated chocolate. Nom nom nom! :eat:

Ooh could I add orange essence do you think instead of mint?

I was looking at the mousse in the magazine and it does look lovely! Think I might invent a special occasion for the weekend and make it ;)

Ooh could I add orange essence do you think instead of mint?

I reckon so - sounds yummy. I was thinking of trying it with white chocolate and maybe coconut essence or putting some raspberries in it, there are so many different options!!

Last edited:
Right I said I had a main course sorted- I'm now struggling! Was going to do individual chicken pies (recipe from the calendar that and with the Xmas mag and do one veggie quorn one) but I'm not sure it's good enough to win!
Any ideas?!

What about a mushroom pâté for starters with Melba toast?
Recipe on this form if you can't find will add it to this thread

I think for starter I'm either going to do cheese soufflé or tomato soup, and dessert will be profiteroles.
The main is the problem! I have one vegetarian coming and the other 2 will not eat veggie food so rules out one easy dish.
Criteria is the following-

1. No fish
2. No mushrooms
3. No quark/fromage frais/ cottage cheese
4. Something not too time consuming, but more impressive than a stir fry!

Thanks!!

What about veg in a white sauce with veg and a veg stock cube and plenty garlic then swper ate VEGGY portion and to other add chicken stock and cooked chicken portions should be delish if you season well then serve with tasty new potatoes and some runner beans ( add sweet corn in mix for lovely taste) you could also make into a pie if you wish and just place a thin layer of pastry on top and make into individual pies in appropriate dishes ( obviously pastry needs to be synned but you can adjust amounts to the amount of Syns you wish to use use puff so you can use v thin!)
Hope this is an idea you could use or another time They can be very nice both the veg ( you could use quorn chicken pieces sub. for veggie)the chicken version

Back