Comfort eating

Cherryade

Im an emotional eater and being emotional atm I usually turn to food for comfort but since Ive been on atkins (day 17 now) I no longer use food in this way. Infact it has been a struggle to eat, and thats never been a problem before.

Atkins is a wonder diet for me, it has sorted out so much for me just from getting rid of the evil carbs (quote Jim lol) and understanding that there are other ways of eating to live and not living to eat.

I sound like a preacher to my friends, I think everyone with sugar problems, bloat, energy level issues and comfort eating issues should give it a try.

Im loosing weight, I no longer need a nap in the day as I often used to and I have so much more energy and i dont eat much anymore compared to my constant eating before. I know how hungry and full feel now and thats a new one on me.

Anyone feel like this?

Oh yes, I don't think I was a comfort eater as such, but the difference once I was on Atkins was fantastic Cherry. No post lunch sugar low, when all I could do was keep my eyes open, no need to nap after meals on the weekend. What a huge change in lifestyle and quality of life. :)

Cherryade I know just what you mean. I tend to eat out of boredom as well as emotionally...I would have dinner in the evening and then a couple of hours later I got the munchies and would search the kitchen for anything....

I also split up with my husband and lost my job in the space of a month and after not eating through crying so much I went mad on comfort food....I feel so much more in control now, I don't have the same urges anymore its wonderful, I even had to sell chocolates and biscuits today to the public by allowing them to taste, and I didn't even once have the urge to try one myself....A miracle I think....

How lucky are we that we found this way of eating....Jx

Great post I feel much more excited about starting this way of eating now. Have been a comfort eater for more years than I care to recall. Am fed up of feeling lethargic and low so hope the change in diet will have the same positive effect on me.

Let's hope so to Vanda.

Jane, I'm sorry to hear about you and your hubby love.

Jane sorry to hear about your split.. You definitely are an inspiration because you are carrying on with your life and being strong.. not everybody can do that.. raise you head up high young lady..

I'm the opposite of an emotional eater.. when I'm down I don't eat.. one of my dearest friend is an emotional eater and her goes up and down and up and down... I guess the first cure for helping to resolve this problem is to know what triggers the eating.. forums like these really help doesn't it? It definitely has helped me :)

Thanks guys, in some ways I think it has made me stronger. I know I have to look after myself and I'm not stuck in a dead end relationship with nothing to look forward to. (does that make sense?)

The world is my oyster (so they say) so its a new start for me...

I do both, not eating and then comfort eating, I will be so upset I can't eat, and then polish off a tub of icecream or a packet of biscuits, never a proper meal....Luckily I am not having those urges at the moment....I am over half way with my weight loss now, my clothes are getting loose its wonderful....You guys are all very inspiring too and I love coming on here to find out what everyone is up to....great motivation...Jx

You are right Jane the world is your osyter and I definitely understand about a dead-end relationship, been there several times in the past..

this forum is great and it's nice to have something like this where you can find people just like yourself in the same situations :)

Absolutely more. And I always feel lucky in my life as no matter what happens to you, someone else is always having a worse time of it... I believe in positive thinking....Jx

Hi jane, you not working this morning?

No I'm not Jim, finally a day off...just worked 5 days of getting up at 5 and one morning 4:30 not fun....it really takes it out of you....had a lie in till 8 this morning...then bacon, egg and fried mushrooms for breaky...bliss....lol..need to get on with some housework and shopping now....x

ah the bliss of a lie in Jane. :)

Nice one Cherryade! Funny the amount of people who feel they desperately need carbs to function, when really it is the opposite! My colleagues can't understand how I leg it up the stairs 2 at a time, run from class to class without carbs, or caffeine!

Jane - I like your attitude :)

No I'm not Jim, finally a day off...just worked 5 days of getting up at 5 and one morning 4:30 not fun....it really takes it out of you....had a lie in till 8 this morning...then bacon, egg and fried mushrooms for breaky...bliss....lol..need to get on with some housework and shopping now....x

Perfect and well deserved :)

Back