Comfort Eating

~Crooked Smile~

Silver Member
Well I have been lurking here for a while, gaining a lot of support from reading the forum but this is my first post.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I have had quite a good week, but now i am feeling really low. And when I feel this bad all I want to is stuff my face and drink a bottle of vodka :(

Although I know it will be worth it when I step on those scales tomorrow if I don't have a binge now, I also feel like if anything could make me feel better I would like to do it :(

I hope this is not too late for you - you really do not need the drink or the binge, you want it thats all.

Just imagine how you are going to feel later if:

a) you have not binged and had a loss as a result - a fab feeling :D
b) you have gained - you will feel disappointed probably, think its not worth it and may lose your mojo altogether and give up, eat more and so the spiral continues.

Make a cuppa, have a bowl of cereal, watch some trashy tv, read a mag or a book, go to sleep even.

You know you can do it and you know how wretched you will feel today if you caved in.

If the worse happens, its just one day in one week. Try and learn from it. Remember, today is just another day. The sun will still rise and then set later. Life goes on.

Good luck and tell us how you get on xx

Good advice! :)

I hope you didn't have a binge and get a great result today. I was a terrible binge eater before I got into ww and now when I feel those cravings coming I come on here to post, play games on fb or something similar. It keeps my fingers busy so I don't reach for the choc and crisps!

Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks guys for your kind words :)
I had a 0.5 point ice lolly then went to my bed with a good book, and at my WI today I lost 2.5 pounds and reached my 10% goal. So at least now I have something to smile about :)

well done mrs :) that was good advice above i would have said the same, hve a low point snack, go for a bath or bed! thats what i do when im ready to pig out lol good luck for this week!

Thanks guys for your kind words :)
I had a 0.5 point ice lolly then went to my bed with a good book, and at my WI today I lost 2.5 pounds and reached my 10% goal. So at least now I have something to smile about :)

:party0023:

Now if you can bottle this feeling, or at least remember it in times of weakness then you will continue to do fine.

Well done. xxxx

Well Done hunni :) we all yes all have days like this its just relearning not to use food as comfort,its taken me 22 years and Im no way out of the leaving emotional food alone.
All we can do is what you have talk to us here and get support good and bad times we are all human and know how you feel hey ;)
Well done great loss and an amazing achievement at 10% :) :) :) xx

Back