Coming back to CC

laurenmay

Gold Member
For the past 5/6 months, since I joined minimins back in May, I've been constantly bouncing back & forth each and every diet and driving myself crazy with all that's out there & obsessing over my ever increasing weight gain...

When I joined back in May, I was 12.5 stone I think, and now only 5 months later I'm 15.7 stone.. through swapping and changing diet plans and giving up whenever it got too hard I've managed to gain over 3 stone, so now have a total of 6 stone to lose to get me down to my goal weight of 9.7 stone where I was this time last year.

It's scary to think that a year ago I was 6 stone lighter, and a hell of a lot happier. I've tried each and every diet including slim and save, Cambridge, WW, slimming world, JUDDD, and probably a few others I can't quite remember? and none of them worked for me as an individual.

So I'm back to CC, and hopefully here to stay too. I've tried a jillian michaels style lifestyle change where all chemical & processed foods are cut out completely and it's all clean wholesome living, and to be honest it's just not for me.. as much as I try I just cannot form a love relationship with veggies! So I'm gonna eat the things I like but make the healthiest options possible & follow the jillian michaels body revolution workout programme for 3 months to see how I get on with that.

Wish me luck, I really need the support of you all! & if there are the few that make nasty unwelcome comments and don't have anything productive or helpful to say, then please don't waste your time because I'm not interested in negativity.

Nice to be back :)

Last edited:
Hi lauren,

Im exactly like you, i keep swapping and changing between cc and slimming world, I've just come back from zante ( 2weeks all inclusive) & i feel massive, id lost 2st at the beginning of this year with sw, taking me from 15st5 to 13st5 but then messed about for months, the day after getting home from holiday i rejoined slimming world out of desperation, but had a wedding party to go to on Friday and I've not been on plan yet, my hubby will be really busy now till xmas and late home a lot ,so i know i will struggle to be cooking from scratch making sw recipes because once i get my little boy in bed i know i won't be stood cooking, its my chilling tv time.
My only prob with both diets is the cooking and heb thing on sw and i eat loads of junk on cc , so I've been thinking that if i combine the healthyness of sw with counting cals it will give me the freedom to chuck a ready meal in the oven or open a tin of soup every now and then without thinking I've failed, I've bought a 6 week countdown at slimming so Im going to get weighed there still.
Its so hard this dieting malarky isn't it, wish i could click my fingers and be 10st, good luck with your progress, I'll be following you.xx

Sazbirl said:
Hi lauren,

Im exactly like you, i keep swapping and changing between cc and slimming world, I've just come back from zante ( 2weeks all inclusive) & i feel massive, id lost 2st at the beginning of this year with sw, taking me from 15st5 to 13st5 but then messed about for months, the day after getting home from holiday i rejoined slimming world out of desperation, but had a wedding party to go to on Friday and I've not been on plan yet, my hubby will be really busy now till xmas and late home a lot ,so i know i will struggle to be cooking from scratch making sw recipes because once i get my little boy in bed i know i won't be stood cooking, its my chilling tv time.
My only prob with both diets is the cooking and heb thing on sw and i eat loads of junk on cc , so I've been thinking that if i combine the healthyness of sw with counting cals it will give me the freedom to chuck a ready meal in the oven or open a tin of soup every now and then without thinking I've failed, I've bought a 6 week countdown at slimming so Im going to get weighed there still.
Its so hard this dieting malarky isn't it, wish i could click my fingers and be 10st, good luck with your progress, I'll be following you.xx

Hi :)

I tried SW before, but like you found I just didn't have the time to be cooking meals from scratch and its not really a 'grab and go' sort of diet really is it? I work a full time job, have a pesky little 16 month old boy and the general housework efc to take care of so for me spending ages in the kitchen cooking isn't really an option.

I'm gonna do my best to eat as healthily as possible on CC and stay away from ready meals, I'll just get into the habit of taking a chicken breast out of the freezer early in the morning before I head off to work so I can have that for tea in the evening with steamed veggies or something.

Good luck to you too :) we'll both get there eventually xx

I just come bk to cc after goin to sw n losin nothin as since havin baby number 2 no time to spend in kitchen!

Are u using my fitness pal x

Start:: 217lb current:: 213lb...Goal:: 154lb 59lb to go!! club10 goal 195lb 18lb to go! Mini goals: 12lb by holiday 10 to go. 40lb by xmas 38 to go

Back