Completely off topic - self indulgent friends

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by RuthG, 3 June 2008 Social URL.

1. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My best friend. I love her to bits, we've been there for each other through think and thin. However, if there are times when we're both having a crisis at the same time, she has absolutely no consideration for me. At the moment, my friend and I are both in the middle of moving house. Her sale is going through really quickly, her buyer wants it done ASAP, whereas the people she's buying from aren't in so much of a rush. We're also buying, and in a similar situation, however our buyer isn't as pushy as hers is. Obviously on top of all this, I've had my 'health issues' and various procedures and hospital visits and admissions over the last few weeks, that last one being yesterday, which she knew about, however, not once has she asked me how it went. I've just hinted at it in conversation, and i may as well have not said anything at all. I feel quite hurt by it to be honest. I really can't understand how somone so close can be so blinkered? Or am I expecting too much?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. festivalfairy

festivalfairy Finally a size 12!

Some people are like that hun! My mate is one of those people when her fella doesnt call her its the end of the world yet if me and my fella have a proper bust up im being 'silly' xx

4. Jacquie Christie

Jacquie Christie Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(45%)
    Diet:
    All and none!
    I think its only natural to expect a litter thought and simpathy from a friend! It is hard though, I'm sure she meant to ask how things went,but some people just get very engrossed in their own stuff!

5. Delli

Delli Talks too much

its not too much to expect some sympathy, she doesnt seem to have very much consideration for the rough time ur having at the mo.

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

aww (((hugs)))) ruth, some people get so caught up in themselves. I have a friend and i have had a lot of hosp appoitments with dd and never once been asked how she doing etc so i just dont bother saying anything. It wudnt hurt if she asked how you were

becky xx

7. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thats what I mean. it would be nice to be asked how I am, instead of it being the other way around.

8. barbiegirl

barbiegirl Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    i call them meme friends, the world starts n stops with them , we all know people like that, i tend to not bother with mine unless i feel like it ,sick of putting them first , when you are not even on their list !xxxxx

9. mollydog

mollydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Sending good friendly thoughts to you. I've got one of those friends too. Sometimes i just want to say 'enough of you, what about everyone else here' but to be honest i still think she would miss the point and she would end up being hurt knowing thats how some of her friends feel.

10. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks everyone, glad to know it's not just me then!

11. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ah Ruth, thats the pits, (((hugs))) I know what is like to feel like you are the one doing all the running in a relationship.

Try not to let it get you down, you are going through enough at the moment you dont need this on top of it. I'm sure you both value your friendship, and she is just being absent minded.

(((hugs)))

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.