Concentration

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Cait, 7 October 2006 Social URL.

1. Cait

Cait Full Member

How does a VLCD effect concentration?

I have several exams coming up and need to be able to focus on them.

Will I be able to focus or will my head be spinning or fighting off thoughts of eating???

Should I wait for a school break?

What do you think? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazz

kazz Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi Cait, being no expert...but I think its only in the first few days when your body is getting used to the new nutrition that you might be affected....Once ketosis kicks in ur meant to have lots of energy etc, so I would think that would make concentration easier!!

4. d4n13773

d4n13773 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World (my way!)
    On the whole my concentration has improved. I find I can manage with less sleep, so still feel perky when I have to get up at 5 am for an early shift. The only time I have problem if I've overdone it with exercise or gone too long between packs.

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Russian Doll is the best one to ask. She has been doing courses this past year and did very well and is now at university and she has been on CD and doing very well
    She is a wemitt, can't remember how much she's lost but it's a lot
    Irene xx

6. Coley

Coley Re-starter

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(16.75%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm at Uni, haven't had any problems with concentration TBH apart from my own distractions to get out of studying ;)

Go for it, no better time than the present!!

Nicole xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.