Concept 2 Rowing Machine

When I was on my last serious weight loss campaign 10 yrs ago, I bought a Concept 2 Rower. (The ones they use in most gyms).
Although expensive, I'm a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for'.

I lost 3 stone all those years ago - in 2 months (it involved doing a 1 million metre challenge).

This time I was thinking of joining a gym, but then thought I'd probably only use the rower (as I know it works) - so I went to my garage instead!

I have got the rower out of the garage, and even though it is 10 yrs old, after a dusting down, and a lub of the chain, it operates like new.

I am now back in the routine, and averaging an hour a day of 'steady plod', burning about 600 cals daily - as well as SW diet.

I feel much better, and after nearly 2 weeks, I can see a real difference.

Lets hope that it pays off!! (first weigh day on Monday!).

The crux of this post though, is to say I can't imagine many of the 'argos' fitness machines stilll being operable after 10 yrs in a garage.

I may be wrong though! ??

Concept 2 - thats what I am using for a 1000m sprint at the end of my gym workouts...

My trainer is an avid rower (competitions) he swears by this piece of kit. He said 'you'll hate it, it will hurt, but my god it does the job.'' He shown me the proper technique as many use this incorrectly resulting in bad backs / and not as effective workouts.

Hi Shinytooth,

You are right, the rower is agreat 'leveller'.

Its funny when I have been on the wii fit, and then go upstairs to shower/change, my Concept 2 is sat in the bedroom, almost laughing at me in a 'come and have a go if you think you're hard enough' way!

It does the trick though....

Just weighed and lost 1st 1lb in 4 weeks.

Good stuff!!! Always puts a smile on my face losing 1st a month which luckily I have done the last 5 months now :) Keep it up :D

Absolutely awesome!

Keep it up x

Back