Confession and penitence

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by PennyJane, 6 July 2009 Social URL.

1. PennyJane

PennyJane Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    This will help me, perhaps it may help you.

The rules are:

If you cheat you HAVE to own up on here, that is if you really wanna lose weight.

Us, the jury, decide what you must do, with in reason, to make up the mistake.

Anyone up for it? :angel09: Remember the vote has to be decided by all the group/forum.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PennyJane

PennyJane Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Oh dear, I've gone 1.5 points over my allotted points for the day.

I've been absolutely starving today. After CD and Atkins, I'm not used to it.

Tomorrow I shall try harder!

Any advice, and does anyone think 1.5 over is really bad?

4. Less Rotund One

Less Rotund One Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Diet:
    CD
    1.5 over is not bad at all - take it off your allocation for tomorrow.

There are people who use "flexible points" - have a weekly total and use them up as they need them - some days over, some under....just make sure come day 7, you can eat something other than 0 points soup and stir fry!!!

5. PennyJane

PennyJane Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I don't understand why I feel so hungry!! Perhaps I need to up the veggies! I'm starting to think about food constantly and this is not good!

6. RecoveringChocaholic

RecoveringChocaholic I'm going to be slim

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Just a thought maybe your not drinking enough the body gives out hunger signals when thirsty so I always try a glass of water or squash before I pick

7. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    I feel your pain, been through those phases and they suck. I've found that when I indulge my sweet tooth I suffer badly from even more cravings because I get the instant sugar rush then the energy drop and I'm hungrier than I was beforehand. The nasty thing is that so many foods have hidden sugar. That innocuous and wholesome looking Ready Brek Honey? 20% sugar! I think that a good way of dulling the cravings is to eat a savoury snack, preferably something protein-rich. A few slices of quorn with light cheese on a couple of ryvita.

One way of checking whether you're really hungry or just emotionally hungry is if you're craving something sweet, say to yourself you can have a savoury protein snack - if you're still hungry for it, have it, if not - it's probably just some emotional sugar-craving.

If you're hungry very frequently then you're probably just not eating enough! I find I have to nibble and graze on the hour to keep myself from getting too hungry. But so long as it's fruit and veg, the odd light cereal bar, sugar-free jelly, low fat high protein... I think that's okay. Never deprive yourself too much, it'll just drive you nuts and send you back into the arms of chocolate in the long term!

8. Hooya

Hooya Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.34%)
    Diet:
    Atkins with an eye on the calories
    Hello PennyJane! Thought I'd pop over from the Atkins forum to see how you are doing! Congrats for keeping going and good luck with it x

When I was calorie counting, I found just as Iris says the more sugar I ate the more I craved, so I just banned all of those foods and upped the protein, and always ate something when I felt really hungry! I guess it depends on your personality, I'm not someone who can do things by halves so it suited me better than having a biscuit here and there, which would ulitmately lead to the whole packet :rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.