Confession time

fed-up-and-fat

hoping for a good loss
Please feel free to ignore my waffle, but need to write this down as can't share it with anyone else :(

Have been really complacent this week and really struggled with the whole SS thing. In fact I have fallen off the wagon almost totally this week so quite expect to have a gain tomorrow at weigh in.

Head has just been in the wrong place this week and I think after cheating for a few days I though, what the heck, and couldn't motivate myself back into it properly.

Have decided to get my weigh in over and done with tomorrow and then get back on track no matter what the scales show.

Trouble is I have really struggled to stick with it 100% and have self sabotaged most weeks and because I have always had a loss I got a bit complacent about it all. However this week I have discovered that I can't cheat a little and stop there. I really need to do this 100% otherwise I am always tempted and think 'oh that won't hurt' but I know it does.

Really need to get back into ketosis and stop fart arsing around and work at this properly. At least them these hunger pangs won't be so strong and I will hopefully have better loses.

Think I will stick a few nasty photos on the fridge and cupboards to help remind me why I am doing this. I don't want to be fat anymore and am full of self loathing for being a total idiot this week.:cry:

Thanks to those who have read, just needed to get this down and will come back to read it to help me stay on track

Charlie xx

good luck charlie, u can do it;)

Aww Charlie,

I can't preach because I've not been 100% diet at all and I started 14th Jan.

Takes guts to even come on here and confess all, so well done you.

You've realised that you want more for yourself.

Every time you go to pick up that cake, remember how you felt when you wrote this thread.

Good luck hun, you can do it!

Hey Charlie,

((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))), we have weeks like that, don't beat yourself up about, just dust yourself down and get back in the saddle. I know how you feel, could kick myself after last weekend, but it's done now, I've learned my lesson and I have to keep going, I can't stand being fat anymore!

Let's get to it, your wi day is same as mine, I'm not expecting a loss this week, but lets make next week a cracker!! xxx

thanks ladies, and thanks Anna for your support on FB. Feeling better for writing it all down.

Off to bed now, hope I wake up feeling more positive

Charlie :hug99:

I cant relate to your situation so well hun, I too was stuck in a rutt a only last week (since Christmas!) I have to date lost over 7 stone and quite honestly - prob due to all the compliments I had from my family over Christmas, I had this strange attitude where I thought "this wont harm", "just this week and I'll get back on it" etc... :sigh:

It's not a nice place to be at all. Knowing in your head that you have weight to loose still. I find setting myself small goals are helping. At the moment I am doing the diet to get into the 13 stones. I am not thinking beyond that at the moment (at weigh in I was 14.9) so it is a realistic goal and one that I know I will achieve in time. :girlpower:

Another mistake that I have made was putting a goal date in my head. When I started CD in April of last year, I knew that my ultimate goal was to loose 11 stone :cry:and I hoped I would get there by April 2010. But I did set this huge target asside and celebrate getting into the next stone down - this has worked well for me, and still does :clap: The mistake I made was telling some family members, who are currently asking each time they see me if I am still on target for April :ashamed0005: Maybe I will get there, maybe I wont. But I do wish I hadn't put a time on it, because my attitude has now changed completely. At the end of the day as long as it comes off, it doesn't matter when it does come off! ;)

I hope this will help you in your situation, but I find that when I am out of ketosis, blipping and finding it hard to get back in the swing of CD I try to find a quiet moment to myself and write down some 'small' goals and ignore the ultimate 'where I want to be ideally'. Also, I know that for me, having a complete break from food is just what I need to think better and more clearly. I find that I concentrate on more important things in life rather than what the next snack or meal will be. :D I also find ways to treat myself so that I am away from DHB when he is eating, so that I am out of that temptation zone! :airquote:

If I was you, I would pop into town and buy a few little treats for your week 1. I'm talking bath bombs, body butter, hair and face masks! These little 'distractions' may help to get you to relax and pamper yourself a little, while also detoxing your insides with CD shakes ;)

If I can do this diet hun, anyone can and I mean that. The hard bit is getting your head in the right place, but I know that you will do it :D

Come on girl - it's your time to shine - from here it's all the way to slimfinity!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Hugs x x x

Come Charlie, you can do it!! Forget about yesterday, that's gone, just draw a line under it, get yourself back up and jump on that horse again, I know you can! Forget about goals and dates and for now just take each day as it comes, one day at a time. Sometimes it can seem a bit overwhelming and daunting thinking about how ever many months being 100% SS, but if instead you think just each morning, today is the day, today I'm going to get my mojo back, I'm going to jump on the horse as soon as I wake up and stay there until bedtime and just do that every day, suddenly it's not such a big deal and suddenly you realise it's been a week and you've been 100%, then a month and so on!

You can do it Charlie, we're all here to help and support you whatever way we can, so you come and ramble and rant all you want and need to hun!!
xxx

Hi Charlie

I agree with Emma, small aims work wonders. Adds motivation and it'll be your inspiration to keep going. Its the road to slimville, I feel, and its hard for all of us,but just keep in mind why you are doing this. Keepup with your water, even iced in the eve, as that also helps too. Are you on Re-start?

Good luck with your journey. x

I had this strange attitude where I thought "this wont harm", "just this week and I'll get back on it" etc... :sigh:

LOL, had to quote you on that bit, Emma, cos I know exactly what you're saying! :D
It's almost too easy to lose weight doing SS - at least, you kind of tell yourself it is. I've spent the best part of 2 years now telling myself that everything will be fine next week when I get back on SS... :sigh:

Charlie, you can do this. There's no question it's really hard though. I think somehow you have to get to the point of knowing that whatever you do, it's going to take a while - but doing Cambridge is by far the quickest way of getting to where you want to be.

If you cheat, it's going to slow things down, that's all. It would on any diet, not just Cambridge. But it doesn't mean that you won't get to where you want to be - it just means you're likely to take longer to get there.

Way to go on stating the obvious, Lily. :)

But I think we can spend far too much time duffing ourselves up for not staying on track. Every day that you get it right is a day nearer to getting where you want to be. Unless you go completely barmy on your 'bad' days, generally speaking, the worst that can happen is that you'll set yourself back one day. I'm talking in the long run, not on a week to week basis (cos scales lie, damn them :rolleyes:).

It doesn't sound like you have any intention of giving up - so be really proud of yourself for what you've managed to achieve so far. Most of the weight that you might have regained this week will fall straight back off again within days of getting back on track.

Keep on keeping on... :)

Ahh Charley..:banghead:

Thats exactly how I felt last wseek. Could've hit my head against a wall and hated myself.

I did nothing but eat from last Fri to Monday. But you know what. I still lost 2lb last night and that gave me such a big boost.

It's hard not to get so disheartened. This is the most anti-social thing I have ever done. My social life revolves around eating!!

But we're here for the long game, right??

Move on now, I'd be kidding myself if I thought this wouldn't happen to me again, but I hope I've learnt to let it go and carry on,

Come on Girl!!! :grouphugg:

Claire

aww dont beat yourself up about it no one perfect and temptation do rear its ugly head from time to time well done going for weigh in and good luck

I have been blipping although in the first week of being naughty, I still managed to lose.
But now I realise that I am hovering around at the same weight, going up, going down and ...going nowhere! The only person I am cheating is myself, cheating myself out of wearing all the lovely size 12 clothes in my wardrobe and looking even more fabulous in front of my alleged admirer (mm, still not heard from him, ha ha!).

I have now been blip free for 4 days and very pleased. I have fought naughty ideas in the last couple of days to break the diet but so glad I have resisted.

Good Luck, just keep talking positively to yourself about what you can and will achieve with CD x

Back