Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Confidance Tricks

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by JoJosing, 28 April 2010 Social URL.

1. JoJosing

JoJosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(30.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi All,

Back after a little absence - just have not been posting much recently due to time.

Happy to say I have still been doing the plan and have hit my target (at last)

My post though is about confidance - here is a little story to put it into context:

I had to attend a party recently on my own which I discovered at the last minute was also being attended by my ex husband. I was really quite nervous so decided to do everything I could to look and feel my best.

I put on fantastic undies (thanks Judy Mac) a top that I have been complimented on before leggins and very high gorgeous shoes. I still had to take a deep breath or 2 before walking in but I did it. Two years ago before starting slimming world I would not even have gone to the party.

What do you do to boost your own confidance?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    I worked as a receptionist for a short while and I really had to fake confidence to be able to speak to all the people I dealt with every day and I sort of just taught myself how to be confident. There's no tricks I just relax and put all of my nerves and worries to the back of my mind :)

4. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i'm much the same. i am really really shy and i would just try and talk my way out of being shy. i used to work voluntary at a riding school and it took a great deal of work to get myself to talk to people, especially when i started teaching horse riding. I still find that i have shy moments at my ripe old age of 40!!!

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Faking it is the answer!

Pretend that you are the kind of person who finds this sort of thing easy - and eventually you will be that kind of person.

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Totally agree. Faking it is the fastest way to actually being it.

I used to be a petrified, self-conscious wreck most of the time. I always felt inferior, ugly, dull...etc.etc. But...I was belting at pretending I was relaxed, confident, witty, humerous, etc. It took a few years, but I started to realised that if I could go to all that effort to pretend to be like that, why couldn't I just *be* like that? Gradually it happened. I also made sure that little things like trying to look as good as I could (nice hair, done my nails, slick of mascara, etc) were in place so that I felt I was more comfortable.

It doesn't always work, sometimes I still get nervous and everyone does, it's only normal! But the power of positive thinking rocks :)

7. evilpenguin

evilpenguin Not evil at all

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Back to Slimming World
    Haha brilliant! I thought it was just me who faked it :D

8. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oops, double post!

Last edited: 28 April 2010
  9. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Fantastic Hellie, that's wonderful, I hope your ex realised what he is missing, lovely story. X

10. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with faking it!! If you ooze confidence, others around you notice it too.

I teach jive to beginners and have classes sometimes up to 30 couples. You just take a deep breath and get on with it!

Also well done on reaching your target Hun!

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.