Confidentiality question.

Dizzy-Deb

Hi all

Am I being a bit touchy ?

I re-joined WW last week, different class to what used to go to.. but turned out my old leader was running the class in the usual leaders absence.

My old leader has now gone and mentioned to someone I used to go to her class with that have rejoined, so this person has now texted me to say ...'I have heard you have gone back to WW. :mad:

I must admit to feeling a bit annoyed about this, especially as wanted fresh start and didnt want it blabbed that have gone back. Its hard enough to have gone back especially as have put quite a bit of weight on.

Of course now am wondering if shes told this person, or the group who knew me that have gone back and how much put on.

I do really like my old leader but feel she shouldnt have said anything. :ashamed0005:

shes probably mentioned it more in a 'oh guess who I ran into way'

Like its been said on purple rains thread, leaders arent really that interested in what we weigh etc. In fact I bet she couldnt tell you if you asked her

I totally agree with Starlight. Your leader is way too busy between the meetings she leads, the other job she has (if any) and the kids she has (if any) and the life she has, boyfriend, husband, mates... she would remember you of course, but she wouldn't remember how much you weight or how much you put on or lost! it's as if I remembered every single account I opened for my clients in the work... impossible!

Don't worry, she has mentioned of course that you joined again, but I doubt that she went into any extra detail. Actually, she shouldn't have said anything about you joining again, for Data Protection. If you wanted, you could sue her under the Data protection Act and get some bobs off WW LOL.

I wouldn't do it though ;)

I wouldn't really say she was breaking confidentiality or anything as I very much doubt she mentioned anything about your weight, and I can't see why joining a different group would be confidential.

I can understand why you would be abit annoyed as you didn't want ppl knowing but that's it really.

Last edited:
I completely understand you being upset so would i be. I don't think she should have said anything at all even a... guess who i bumped into kinda way? surely if you joined a diff group it was because you wanted a fresh start? maybe she should have thought about that!! Hope you're ok x

I totally agree with Starlight. Your leader is way too busy between the meetings she leads, the other job she has (if any) and the kids she has (if any) and the life she has, boyfriend, husband, mates... she would remember you of course, but she wouldn't remember how much you weight or how much you put on or lost! it's as if I remembered every single account I opened for my clients in the work... impossible!

Don't worry, she has mentioned of course that you joined again, but I doubt that she went into any extra detail. Actually, she shouldn't have said anything about you joining again, for Data Protection. If you wanted, you could sue her under the Data protection Act and get some bobs off WW LOL.

I wouldn't do it though ;)

I think she means that she didn't really want people from her old group knowing that she had re started ww not how much weight she had put on?

Back