confused about awards - HELP

Wanda

Hi all:)

I've been working at my weightloss since August & it's going well. BUT I'm confused about how to achieve my bronze/silver awards. My half stone award sticker is getting lonely & I hope to get my 1stone & a body magic award to keep it company:p
Right this is what i've done...
2x45mins of Zumba this last 5 weeks...Can you help me figure out where that slots in on the awards side of things?
Do you have to hand in your Fit Logs to group leader?
Or do you just tell them what you have done & get your awards??

Apologies for the Qs:eek:

Bronze award is 45 mins per week split over 3 days per week.
Maintained for 4 weeks.

Hand in your FIT log to your group leader to get the award.

Make sure you get FIT logs for your silver award.

Thats 90 mins a week spread over 3 days a week & maintained for 4 weeks.

I`m working on my gold award.

Hope the info helps!!

I got all the way to platinum for BM but to be honest I find these are criminally overlooked by SW - almost an afterthought. I've seen them virtually handed out for anything. I personally did the minimum of 30 minutes per day for a minimum of 5 days per week over about 64 weeks so far (still doing it) but got my awards every 8 weeks as per the book;)

Do other people find their group talk about body magic but merely pay it lip service?

Do other people find their group talk about body magic but merely pay it lip service?

you know- i've been going for 27 weeks now- and the only body magic awards i've seen given out were *mine*

i think it's one of those things where it's mentioned if someone asks about it....i might have a chat with my C about it on Tuesday, I really think it should be pushed- people find it daunting, i did- but i started off slowly and worked my way up.

I'm on week 2 of my Platinum now :)

normally it's only referred to if someone's going away for a dirty weekend ! LOL

by "dirty weekend" you're referring to paintballing and an outward bound camping trip- right?? ;)

Bronze award is 45 mins per week split over 3 days per week.
Maintained for 4 weeks.

Hand in your FIT log to your group leader to get the award.

Make sure you get FIT logs for your silver award.

Thats 90 mins a week spread over 3 days a week & maintained for 4 weeks.

I`m working on my gold award.

Hope the info helps!!
Please could someone list what's required for Gold & Platinum too? Thanks

Thanks for this info, I'm doing Slimming World from home so I wasn't sure what to do for the awards. Are there any others that we should know about?

I believe that Gold is 150 minutes a week, spread over a minimum of 3 days, for 8 weeks. Platinum is just doing the same again for 8 weeks :)

What activities qualify for the award? Any additional exercise outside your usual routine? (eg I walk for at least 30 mins just getting to and from work, surely it's cheating to count that?)

What activities qualify for the award? Any additional exercise outside your usual routine? (eg I walk for at least 30 mins just getting to and from work, surely it's cheating to count that?)

I guess it's up to you. I personally count walking to work and stuff as BM, just because I would never have done it, I could very well get the bus. But, saying that, I do at least 2 1/2 hours extra, on top of walking to and from places :)

If she was you wouldn't have clicked the "like" button now, would you?;)

Debridger of course refers to not being washed for two nights I reckon....

I'll have you know Mr Maximus that I am a great fan of paintballing and outward bound days ;)

I guess it's up to you. I personally count walking to work and stuff as BM, just because I would never have done it, I could very well get the bus. But, saying that, I do at least 2 1/2 hours extra, on top of walking to and from places :)

Thanks, there's only about 10 mins of my walk that isn't compulsory so I think that's the only part I would count, as I don't do it all the time (for example if my bus is late). I think it's best for me to not count it though, I don't get enough as it is!

So, once you achieve an award, do you start your week count again from the beginning?

Bronze = 4 weeks
Silver = 4 weeks
Gold = 8 weeks
Platinum = 8 weeks

So a total of 24 weeks to get them all?

So, once you achieve an award, do you start your week count again from the beginning?

Bronze = 4 weeks
Silver = 4 weeks
Gold = 8 weeks
Platinum = 8 weeks

So a total of 24 weeks to get them all?

yeppers :)

Back