Confused about BMR

ransom-x

Hey all, I just worked out my BMR out of curiosity and apparently in order to loose a pound a week I need to have 1920 cAlories a day. This just seems to much I've always gone for 1500 when doing cc before x

It depends on your current weight and activity level. If your the same weigh as I am, it sounds about right to loose 1lb per week. X

NinaBeans said:
It depends on your current weight and activity level. If your the same weigh as I am, it sounds about right to loose 1lb per week. X

I'm 197lbs with a 'sedentry lifestyle', if it is true I might come back to cc as I switched because I didn't have any calories left for treats but I could eat what I was and have 500 calories just for treats and sauces and stuff x

Give CC a go, small steps, you're less likely to 'cheat' if you feel you are well fed. Just remember to keep checking your BMR as, as you loose weight, your body needs less calories for basic functions and to maintain the 1lb a week loss you'll need to always be 500 calories under your weight maintenance calories. Hence, being lighter uses less calories (which is a shame). Best of luck. X

hannata said:
there are several different methods of working out bmr and calorie intakes... myfitnesspal for example uses the Mifflin-St. Jeor equation... so you can have different results depending on which formula or website you use. And weight/age can change your results too

I got mine from myfitnessplan, is it reliable?

Back