Confused about exercise!

Tinkerbellthefairy

Silver Member
I have asked before, but seem to be reading conflicting opinions.....

Will exercise help with the process of losing weight during the ketosis stage? or does it not make any difference?

Many Thanks x

It will absolutely 1 million percent help hunny because it has for me :D I walk, do 20 minutes on my exercise bike and 15 mins toning on my vibrating plate. It has worked wonders and is really shaping me up plus I am much fitter than I was. I walked 6 miles yesterday 3 miles of which was uphill and I still had energy when I reached home. When I started I could not walk down my street without severe backache and without becoming breathless :eek:

I know everyone is different but that is my experience and I would highly recommend exercise xxx

hey there,
im sorry to any one else who dis-agrees but exersise DOES help! without a doubt! my results are 75% due to LT and 25% due to exersize! I train about 4 or 5 times a week! i go cycling/running/boxing and also do alternate nights of a set routine of press ups/pull ups/ sit up etc! And although it is harder than it would be usualy because you have no energy supplies it really does help! The only thing you have to watch out for is anything that builds muscle, muscle weighs 3 times more than fat and your bound to put weight on if you spend the week pumping iron etc!

Exersize speeds up your metabolism and burns calories therefore equaling weightloss :D

good luck and enjoy your exersize :)

dave x

Thanks Catt and Dave, thats great.
I want to get back to the gym and get exercise back into my lifestyle.
I was quoted... 'we are consuming only the minimum amount of calories to function, so doing cardio will burn more than we are consuming, therefore, the body will go into starvation mode and hold on to fat instead of releasing it'.
So was a little confused and worried that if I was doing exercise I would be wasting my time.
I've been trying to research this but its a bit too deep for me! lol
Take care and thanks again. x

I agree with the others about exercise, it does help. I find it helps tone you up more than anything. I go to the gym twice a week and play badminton once a week and do lots of walking. My shape is definitely changing and I am toning up, which I wouldn't do if it wasn't for the exercise.

I think because of the diet you have to listen to your body carefully and if you feel too tired or faint, just stop. Start exercising if you want to but take it easy to begin with and build up. Good luck.

ah,just replied on the other thread :)
yes yes yes,it does help knock off the lbs without a doubt,if you feel ready to do some good cardio work then go right ahead,you wont be disappointed :)

ah,just replied on the other thread :)
yes yes yes,it does help knock off the lbs without a doubt,if you feel ready to do some good cardio work then go right ahead,you wont be disappointed :)

Back