Confused about sugar from carbs!

raverminx

I'm very confused about packaging on food... For example something might say carbs 3g and then straight underneath 3g sugar from carbs.

Does this mean I can have that item of food as its 3g of carbs or do I add the sugar too?

Confuuuuuused lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know that added sugar is generally a no no but since it said the sugar is from carbs is that acceptable?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's not added sugar - essentially all carbs end up digested as sugar - it's telling you how much of the carb count comes specifically from what is already sugar.

I'm not sure how much sense that will make to you but, simply:

In England Atkins dieters do not add or subtract anything from the carb count on a label.

So just go with exactly what it says the 'carbs' are.

Don't add or subtract sugars
Don't add or subtract fibre.

In the uk it's all worked out for you and the carb count on a label is the 'net carbs'

moonlights said:
That's not added sugar - essentially all carbs end up digested as sugar - it's telling you how much of the carb count comes specifically from what is already sugar.

I'm not sure how much sense that will make to you but, simply:

In England Atkins dieters do not add or subtract anything from the carb count on a label.

So just go with exactly what it says the 'carbs' are.

Don't add or subtract sugars
Don't add or subtract fibre.

In the uk it's all worked out for you and the carb count on a label is the 'net carbs'

That makes sense, so as long as no added sugar is added I'm ok?
Thanks for your help :)

Back