Confused.com

foodlover

So..if anyone was to look at my posts over the last few months you'll see I've been a bit of a diet jumper - could have used a much ruder word ;-)

I keep switching from SW to low carb and even considered for about 5 mins the 5:2 - why can't I pick one and commit?

Only you can answer that question really.

Because you you haven't found one which suits you or because your head isn't in the right place maybe?

Is it because you're not seeing results as quickly as you'd like with any of them? Maybe it would be useful to reflect on what realistic losses would be on each plan and then decide how quickly/slowly you're ok with losing the weight? x

I have been like this in the past. Total diet wh*** my husband used to say. Trier of many and mistress of none. Until now. For me this has been the best and most sustainable but I did couple it with some hypnotherapy to help deal with unrealistic expectations and issues with food. Maybe its the speed at which you want to see results? In my experience they all work for about a fortnight and then, naturally, slow. Pick which, to you seems most sustainable long term. Think long term goals, where do you want to be this time next year? What's the best route to get there?

Thank you all for replying in some ways your all right. I did SW successfully a long time ago (-about 8 years) and then did low carb for my wedding as needed definite results thing is I love the freedom of SW but have convinced myself only low carb will work now.

Maybe I need to give SW a proper 100% go, not giving up after a week :)

I am doing the same changes from 1 day to the next and I end up no where in fact heavier ! I do really admire people who can stick with their plan loose weight and keep it off as I know how hard it is to do . I've decided to also do a 100% sw week (red) to get myself back on track and see how it goes . Good luck x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I am exactly the same! I followed sw for a long time before swapping onto clean 'low carb' eating which gave me fast results but they weren't sustainable and I've now put 2 stone back on in the last year. I know sw works-I just have to commit. So I'm back on the sw wagon and need to be honest with myself and look at the big picture.
I only need to lose 1lb a week to be at target well before my sisters wedding so that weight loss is going to be better than big losses some weeks but ultimately be heavier which is what's happening at the moment as I tend to be really strict and then binge.

Thank you all for replying in some ways your all right. I did SW successfully a long time ago (-about 8 years) and then did low carb for my wedding as needed definite results thing is I love the freedom of SW but have convinced myself only low carb will work now.

Maybe I need to give SW a proper 100% go, not giving up after a week :)

You could do red days? It's carb limiting but not like keto but more sustainable?

Yep I think I need a full 100% SW week to see if it can work again for me. This week have too much going on with work so will be officially starting next Monday...will be keeping a diary too :) thanks all

Back