Confused, does my GP need to sign???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bingbong, 17 January 2009 Social URL.

  1. bingbong

    bingbong Full Member

    I have just joined this forum :wave_cry: and want to do a VLCD. From what I hear CD is way better than LT, so would rather do that. But I am really confused about whether my GP needs to sign a form before I can do it or not. It seems everywhere that I read tells me something different so was hoping that someone here could tell me!

    I did talk to my GP and she really wasn't keen on VLCD's so I am not sure that she would sign anything. But I am desperate to loose weight and really want to try CD as nothing else works.

    My BMI is 37 and I would like to loose as much as I can as quick as I can. I believe that there are different versions of CD depending on that.

    Anyway, if anyone can help me then that would be great! Also how much does it cost a week?

    Thanks a lot,
    Bingbong x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

  3. flirty40greeneyes

    flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

    Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    As your BMI isn't 40+ your GP doesn't have to sign re your BMI. Do you have any medical problems?? take tablets for anything regularly?? The best person to ask is your CDc - she'll explain if you need to get the medical form signed - but most people don't.

    Each CDC is independant - so it is difficult to say exactly how much it will cost per week - but an average is about £35.00 for 21 soups/shakes - with it costing slightly more for bars/tetras. If you have 4 a day it will go up to about £47.00 for soups/shakes and again extra for tetras/bars.
    Dieting Rambler likes this.
  4. bingbong

    bingbong Full Member

    Great! Thanks for that, easily cleared up. I don't take any medication so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Now I just have to actually call the CDC!!! Might call a few to see whether there is a difference in the pricing too.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.

Share This Page