Confused, does my GP need to sign???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bingbong, 17 January 2009 Social URL.

1. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

I have just joined this forum :wave_cry: and want to do a VLCD. From what I hear CD is way better than LT, so would rather do that. But I am really confused about whether my GP needs to sign a form before I can do it or not. It seems everywhere that I read tells me something different so was hoping that someone here could tell me!

I did talk to my GP and she really wasn't keen on VLCD's so I am not sure that she would sign anything. But I am desperate to loose weight and really want to try CD as nothing else works.

My BMI is 37 and I would like to loose as much as I can as quick as I can. I believe that there are different versions of CD depending on that.

Anyway, if anyone can help me then that would be great! Also how much does it cost a week?

Thanks a lot,
    Bingbong x
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slim and Save
    As your BMI isn't 40+ your GP doesn't have to sign re your BMI. Do you have any medical problems?? take tablets for anything regularly?? The best person to ask is your CDc - she'll explain if you need to get the medical form signed - but most people don't.

Each CDC is independant - so it is difficult to say exactly how much it will cost per week - but an average is about £35.00 for 21 soups/shakes - with it costing slightly more for bars/tetras. If you have 4 a day it will go up to about £47.00 for soups/shakes and again extra for tetras/bars.
    Dieting Rambler likes this.
  4. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Great! Thanks for that, easily cleared up. I don't take any medication so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Now I just have to actually call the CDC!!! Might call a few to see whether there is a difference in the pricing too.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.