Confused Newbie to site...

yvonne85

need to be old goofy me
Hi there,

I normally use the Cambridge Diet forum website - i've just joined this one tonight for a change.

Anyhoo, I have two questions:

a) how do i get my avatar to display? When I go into the 'User CP' section... then 'Edit Avatar'... there's no option for me to upload one when i get into that page...?!! Ehhh... :beam:

b) Also i can't get my ticker to display - it says i've used all my characters even tho i haven't wrote all that much in my signature!! GRR!!

Anyway, helloooooooo! :D

:sign0144:

:welcome: you need to have 20 posts to get a larger allowence in signature, and when you have 50 posts you get the full allowance in signature.

There may also be restrictions on avatar until you get credits from posting :)

Ahhh i see, thanks! I'd better get posting then... :whistle:

the word association and such are great ones for boosting numbers :)

Cheers - will try that :)

thanks Becky

:)

also what is the 'power rep' thing to the side...? :confused:

oops, 'rep power' i mean!

Hi Yvonne and welcome to minis:). Not 100% sure but if another user likes your post or thinks it's motivational etc then they can give you rep points. It sorta increases your minis "street cred":D

Welcome! Rep power is what you can give to other members, or have given to you if you like someone's post/they like yours. You click on the little "scales" symbol on the bottom left of the post you like, and can put a message to the member. It's good to put your user name as it won't show up automatically. There is a more detailed post about it, but I can't quite remember where it is!

s xx

Oooh now i get it - thanks for the link and explanations everyone! Much less confuddled now! :D

thanks Dancing! Well done on your weight loss ~ thats very impressive!!

Righty, i've finally managed to get an avatar & ticker up! Go me! I think i'll quit for tonight while the going is good!

Night all. x

welcome to minimins i'm a realitive newbie here also, everyone seems helpful and there are some really good subjects in the forum. so carry on and well done so far . :)

Starlight...:eek: i'm just after noticing you've lost 148lbs...!! :party0011: Thats awesome...!!

Seasider... thanks & good luck to you too!

Right, this time i am definitely off... its now 00:13 and i'm up at 6am...!! :(

glad I've found that out now - I've been trying to upload a piccie for ages!!!xxx

Back