Confused with slimming world calculator

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by slimandhappy, 4 April 2009 Social URL.

1. slimandhappy

slimandhappy Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am trying to work out the syns on the calculator on the slimming world site and it asks for fat. Is this ordinary fat or saturated fat that I should be adding. I am getting some very high readings. For instance 100g of natural low fat yogurt came up as 34 syns. I am new to all this. Thanks for your help, but I thought this sounded very high.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Hi :)

I think you might have got an order of 10 wrong somewhere, but I do agree that the calculator doesn't seem to match the product listings all the time.

For example, I just looked up Sainsbury's low fat natural yogurt (100g) on the product list, and it came up as 0.5 syns per 100g. I then entered the nutritional information into the calculator, and it comes up as 3.5 syns per 100g (this is why I think you've gone wrong with an order of 10 though).

Not sure why there's such a difference. Either Sainsbury's have changed their recipe recently and the website hasn't been updated with the new details, or there's some difference between the calculator and how SW thinks about yogurt!

My best suggestions are to speak to your consultant next week, or eat fat free yogurt instead!

Sorry I can't be of more help...

Jen

4. slimandhappy

slimandhappy Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you. I think I have been doing this all wrong. Its my 3rd week at sw, and I thought I had to look out for low fat as opposed to fat free. No wonder I wasn't losing. So now I know what to look out for, I should have a better loss next week.

5. metrognome

metrognome is getting better at it

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(14.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    dont forget you also get the option of adding it as a free food before you work out the syns, i dont know f this applys to yogurt

6. slimandhappy

slimandhappy Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.