Confused with slimming world calculator

slimandhappy

I am trying to work out the syns on the calculator on the slimming world site and it asks for fat. Is this ordinary fat or saturated fat that I should be adding. I am getting some very high readings. For instance 100g of natural low fat yogurt came up as 34 syns. I am new to all this. Thanks for your help, but I thought this sounded very high.

Hi :)

I think you might have got an order of 10 wrong somewhere, but I do agree that the calculator doesn't seem to match the product listings all the time.

For example, I just looked up Sainsbury's low fat natural yogurt (100g) on the product list, and it came up as 0.5 syns per 100g. I then entered the nutritional information into the calculator, and it comes up as 3.5 syns per 100g (this is why I think you've gone wrong with an order of 10 though).

Not sure why there's such a difference. Either Sainsbury's have changed their recipe recently and the website hasn't been updated with the new details, or there's some difference between the calculator and how SW thinks about yogurt!

My best suggestions are to speak to your consultant next week, or eat fat free yogurt instead!

Sorry I can't be of more help...

Jen

Thank you. I think I have been doing this all wrong. Its my 3rd week at sw, and I thought I had to look out for low fat as opposed to fat free. No wonder I wasn't losing. So now I know what to look out for, I should have a better loss next week.

dont forget you also get the option of adding it as a free food before you work out the syns, i dont know f this applys to yogurt

Back