Confused.....

trying_again

Hi everyone, yet another newbie here, but I am a confused one!:sigh:
I am a stone lighter than I was a year ago...so that I am pleased about that but 5 lbs heavier than I was a month ago!
I am a serial dieter, tried SW, WW, Atkins and more recently Herbalife.
I lost a stone with Atkins, but wanted to return to a more normal way of eating to fit in with family life... luckily I have kept that stone off. I went back to SW, which i have done several times over the last 10 years, but it just didn't do it for me, and lasted 2 weeks!
I go to the gym 3/4 times a week (I swear this is the only reason I have kept the stone off!) and ended up trying Herbalife.... £94 for a month and I couldn't even manage 4 days of it.... so decided meal replacement is not the way forward for me!
Everything has gone wrong in the past month and have only managed 4 visits to the gym in that time, and have put on 5lbs!!!! Also find out tomorrow if I am being made redundant!!!!!

So, if you are still with me...... I will be getting back to the gym once I know what is happening with work... one way or another, but have to sort my eating out!

I desperately want to be around 10 stone and to run a 5k & 10k race next year, as I have already started running in the gym.

I am thinking of joining WW, but really not sure.... after my SW failures, I am beginning to think perhaps I am just not into groups... but on the other hand I think I need the commitment of a group.

Perhaps it is the wrong time of the year to start thinking of losing any weight, but if I want to lose this weight I can't afford to wait any longer.....

Can anyone help me.... or maybe just give me a shake.... I am so confused!

Thanks

Hi and welcome. Try not to think about what you have not succeeded with in the past. Have a clean slate and start from now.

Do you need a class or can you go it alone? If you need a class which classes are near to you and at a day and time suitable to you?
Or you could do the online version.

Is there anyone at your gym who you could get advice from.

Have you heard about the redundancy yet?

Irene xx

Back