Confused...

Cupid87

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all very well... I am just looking for some advise please. I have been on lighter life lite up until about 4 weeks ago (went on holiday :character00100:). After returning from holiday, I have decided (or rather limited funds have!) to go onto cambridge step 2 810; as it's much more managable price wise and quite similar to what I have been doing. I just want to know a few things, like what are the vegetable options, how much of them can I have, and is there any literature I can get for free; as the lady wanted me to pay for it! Just wanting a bit more clarification as, although I am used to doing packs, the system is a little different. Any replies are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Josie :character00238:

810 options updated 21/3/2010
Choose one portion of protein-rich food from the list below:

Protein Options

250g plain cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g chicken breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna* in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak*
275g quorn pieces/mince (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
210g regular or 400g of firm tofu (V)
80g dried weight red lentils
225g canned chick peas, drained
70g dried weight soya beans
80g dried weight chick peas

The skimmed milk allowance should be 340mls (misprint in book)

Plus

Vegetable options

3 tablespoons in total of any of the following

Green salad leaves such as rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, radicchio, little gem or romaine lettuces
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes, marrow, Brussels sprouts, kale, turnip tops (the green leafy part not the actual turnip) broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled)
Mushrooms
Chinese leafy greens such as pok choi or Chinese cabbage
Spring onions, green peppers, spinach, asparagus, fennel and celeriac

Plus
340ml skimmed milk.

Remember - No oil to fry (steam or poach). Don't add salt, but herbs, pepper, balsamic or lemon juice are ok. Use fat free salad dressings.

Also please note Page 15

'Smoked Haddock with celeriac and roasted vegetables'

This should be plain haddock NOT smoked haddock due to the high salt level in smoked haddock.

Plus
3 Cambridge meals regardless of height, gender or ethnicity

Enjoy :) http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...n/142380-810-options-updated-21-3-2010-a.html

To read more frequently asked questions about CD click on this link below

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-faq-general-information/

Yeah, my CDC has given me the pink one and the yellow one but there are new ones out now. My CDC gave me them for free but I've heard that some CDC's charge for them and I'm not sure if they're supposed to.

I have just been to see a CDC and she gave me all the booklets for free and I haven`t actually decided if I`ll start the diet yet. I would look around and see if there are any other CDCs in your area.

Good Luck x

mine gave me them for free. i'm not sure if they're supposed to pay for them either. best to ask a CDC!

A CWPC can charge for the books if they want (they have to pay for them themselves), but most give them out for free. You do really need them, so if your CWPC is charging rather too much for them, find another.

Back