Extra Easy confused!

Kay Knight

Hi I am new to S/W and am doing the EE plan, please can someone tell me if I don't have a third of my plate filled with Super Free foods but I do have a bowl of home made soup for starter and/or a fresh fruit salad for pudding does that make up for it? I only asked because I dont' actually eat much veg (unless it is liquidised in a soup) and if I want jacket potato and baked beans which I love I am a bit lost as to what superfree foods I could have with it

A soup starter is fine - as is fruit salad afterwards, but only if you reduce the amount of free foods on your plate, to make up for it, (so that you're still only consuming 2/3rds of a plate of 'free' food) if that makes sense.

The whole point of the 1/3rd rule is that is stops you overeating on the more calorific carbs/proteins that you can otherwise have on EE. By having a soup starter (assuming its made from superfree veg), you're filling up on superfree veg in advance, which is fine, you'll have less room for the free foods in your meal. A fruit pudding after a full meal of free foods is not so good - you might have already filled yourself up, and end up eating fruit simply to say you've complied to the 1/3rd rule even when you're no longer hungry.

If I have a jacket potato with beans, I add fried mushrooms and onion and cherry tomatoes to it... bulks it out but gives you the superfree.

yes that makes total sense thanks Pogle, I am going to have a load of mushrooms and a couple cooked tomatoe with my jacket pot and baked beans too so hopefully I am doing it right

Yes it will - it doesn't matter what you do with the veggies as long as they are superfree

It's a bit different with fruit though as you have to syn it when you blend, mash or cook it.

I need to make some S/W coleslaw but I;m not sure about salad with baked beans!

I always have salad with my jacket potato and baked beans- it is lovely!!! :D

I need to make some S/W coleslaw but I;m not sure about salad with baked beans!
Never say never!

My favourite baked potato is coated with cottage cheese (fat-free) and baked beans and the rest of the plate is stacked high with a nice leafy salad inc cherry toms, with added spring onion, radish, cucumber.

I do love salad though;)

Edit: just read the other threads re: lasagne etc. Yes I guess it is that hot and cold thing too haha

ok ok I guess I am gonna have to try the baked beans with salad lol. I do like salad with jacket pot and I like a hot chicken and bacon with salad so its not the hot/cold thing I against, think it's the thought of the tomato sauce in the beans with the salad that puts me off but I am up to try anything once. I love coleslaw more though, can i make it with fromage frai and ex light mayo?

ok ok I guess I am gonna have to try the baked beans with salad lol. I do like salad with jacket pot and I like a hot chicken and bacon with salad so its not the hot/cold thing I against, think it's the thought of the tomato sauce in the beans with the salad that puts me off but I am up to try anything once. I love coleslaw more though, can i make it with fromage frai and ex light mayo?

Put the salad on a separate plate and eat it first as a starter. I often make up a salad and eat it while I am cooking dinner.

Put the salad on a separate plate and eat it first as a starter. I often make up a salad and eat it while I am cooking dinner.
I do that too!

I have the pre-packed stuff a lot and love it when i have to eat it or consider throwing it out. Always smething to munch on and no guilt whatsoever:cool:

Back