confused????

mary24

Hi there just need to rant. I hav lost 12lbs in 3wks and should be feeling really happy but I am not. I feel so low and I am confused as to why. Maybe its withdrawal from all the junk I used to eat or that I am scared of failing. I am so used to sabotaging myself whenever I start to loose weight. It's taking so much effort to not go back to my old habits and its really draining me. I really want and need to loose the weight but am also scared of getting to my target as its been a long time since I was slim. Anyway sorry for going on just needed to get it all off my chest.

Sorry bout that I am on my phone and its playing up keeps stalling and putting things on multiple times as you can see

Hi there just need to rant. I hav lost 12lbs in 3wks and should be feeling really happy but I am not. I feel so low and I am confused as to why. Maybe its withdrawal from all the junk I used to eat or that I am scared of failing. I am so used to sabotaging myself whenever I start to loose weight. It's taking so much effort to not go back to my old habits and its really draining me. I really want and need to loose the weight but am also scared of getting to my target as its been a long time since I was slim. Anyway sorry for going on just needed to get it all off my chest.

Hey congratulations on your weight loss that is great 12lbs in 3 weeks.

I really do not understand you being afraid of losing weight or you being depressed about losing weight. Could there be some underlying problem?

Stick with this forum, never be afraid to pour out your heart here and you will soon be feeling proud of yourself and happy to be slim and active again.

You will receive so much help and encouragement here that you will wonder why you were ever depressed or low.

Anytime you want to offload this is the place to be.

Wow! be careful with that awesome weightloss. 12lb in 3 weeks - why if you continue at that pace, it will be 208lb lost in a year!!!

Seriously though, I also fear failure, but after a couple of weeks, you'll start to feel different. I never get tempted now - I actually get more tempted to have my first cigarette in 10 years!

You'll get there and as the weight comes off you'll start to relax and even enjoy it.

Good luck!

Steve

Could it be because things are changing, and it's taking you out of what you're used to?

Also, what were your old eating habits? As it may be possible to make SW friendly versions of meals you like, so you don't feel like everything is so far away from what you're used to.

I used to eat just junk really. I never used to have a proper meal. I have to say I am loving cooking again and making meals I enjoy. I think I am scared of change but its what I want and I will get used to it. I must hav been having a bad day :)

We all have off days & also those days where the food devils on our shoulder trying to tempt!!

When you say you ate junk - was it like take away meals, ready meals etc?? If so there's loads of great fake-away recipes, have a good look in the recipe sections for some ideas.

You can also always use your syns on things that you do fancy, I find by not banning myself from foods as I can syn them, it reduces my cravings for them - if that makes sence???

Yeah I get what ur saying hun. I went through sugar withdrawal. I lost 10lbs in 3 weeks and I still feel like its not working. And I have anxiety that I'll fall off the wagon. But I haven't yet! I'm Just going to plod along. I can't see myself being thin. I never have been. My best advice is to visualize being thin and concentrate on how u feel when u visualize it. Are u anxious? Happy? Uncomfortable? If Its not a GOOD feeling its time to get to the bottom of that ASAP. danger and sabatoge may lurk ahead if u don't! Keep going and visualize daily. I do it when I'm laying in bed at night. Do u have a lot to lose?

I used 2 just sit and eat crisps sweets and chocolate all nite out of boredom more than anything. I had 6st to loose now I hav 5st 2lb so I am making good progress :) its just a bit of a daunting task I think. I just need to keep my mind on the reasons I am doing it. The strange thing is I no I am ready to do it and have never been so nervous of dieting. I think its because I no I can do it this time where as before I never believed I would get there. It sounds daft but the thought of being happy with myself is a stange thing to get my head around as I have hated myself for so long I don't no anything different. Sorry for rambling I think I just need to get all my fears out so I can deal with them properly. It's all part of the journey.

I used to eat just junk really. I never used to have a proper meal. I have to say I am loving cooking again and making meals I enjoy. I think I am scared of change but its what I want and I will get used to it. I must hav been having a bad day :)

Do you know I think that most of us are afraid of change. I know I am. The familiar is always the most comfortable but stick with this and this will become the familiar for you.

I used 2 just sit and eat crisps sweets and chocolate all nite out of boredom more than anything. I had 6st to loose now I hav 5st 2lb so I am making good progress :) its just a bit of a daunting task I think. I just need to keep my mind on the reasons I am doing it. The strange thing is I no I am ready to do it and have never been so nervous of dieting. I think its because I no I can do it this time where as before I never believed I would get there. It sounds daft but the thought of being happy with myself is a stange thing to get my head around as I have hated myself for so long I don't no anything different. Sorry for rambling I think I just need to get all my fears out so I can deal with them properly. It's all part of the journey.

You poor love !!!!

Now this is an order, stop hating yourself. Hold your head high and tell yourself you are special, able, caring. In fact an all round nice person.

mary24 said:

Its interesting that u say that. I mean, what does liking yourself ACTUALLY feel like? In the back of my head, I go in with this great attitude and then I fail. Or I lose some weight and think "that's good enough". I want to find peace in my weight loss. Peace that I'm ok. Peace that I can move forward. Peace that I'm valuable and important. Peace that I can be me. I hope u find the same peace.

I hope you do aswell. Isn't it strange that we are so hard on ourselves. I would love to no wen I went from been happy with myself to not wanting to look in the mirror. I have 2 girls an I want to sort myself out before they are old enough to see or even copy how I am.

mary24 said:
I hope you do aswell. Isn't it strange that we are so hard on ourselves. I would love to no wen I went from been happy with myself to not wanting to look in the mirror. I have 2 girls an I want to sort myself out before they are old enough to see or even copy how I am.

I try VERY hard not to talk about dieting or my body flaws in front of my daughter. She's only 3. Women who talk badly about their bodies or who constantly "diet" have daughters with poor self image. Research says so! I tell her that She's beautiful and smart. And yes I want to set an example for her. U don't want to hate myself anymore. I don't want her to see that I hate myself and I want to raise a healthy well rounded girl. My first memory of thinking I was "fat" was when I was 6. I thought my thighs were too big. I wasn't overweight as a child. At all. So I can say that I've spent the last 24 years of my life hating my body. That's long enough. I hope my daughter never has to feel that way. Although in this culture it seems inevitable.

It would also be nice to run after her and not have my butt shake. Eeek! Lol. I can do this. U can do this. Big hugs!

Back