Confused?

laurawalker85

Booked my Monday weigh in as hol last week as was away for mothers day so got on the scales Monday morning to see a fab loss if a pound, well I thought it was, got dressed and went back on scales and 2lb on?! Huh? No way can a simple black dress and tights weigh that much or I would of put that 2lb on in record time being 10mins! Lol. Can anyone explain and which weight should I take?

I would go with whatever way you were dressed the 1st time you weighed in.
I weigh in each Tuesday morning, starkers!

Have you tried weighing your clothes on their own? If you usually weigh with clothes on I would take that weight as its the same each week then! Try and wear the same or similar thing each time you weigh so your weight loss will be more accurate then xx

This is the thing, the first weight was with my pyjamas on, the second was with normal work clothes and I wear the same thing every Monday because of this. The last weigh in these clothes only affected my weight by 1/2 pound?! It's so weird isn't it?!

Not sure if this is true but I think I heard that you do weigh more once you'be been up for a while after lying down in bed. Something to do with gravity. That might explain why you weighed more the second time but it may also be a load of rubbish!! :D

Wow really?! I just don't know what weight to take, it prob doesn't matter as Monday I didn't go as took as holiday so will have to wait until monday coming and see what those scales say!! Very odd! I would be intrigued to try on loads of different clothes and see what the differences are! Lol!

Clothes do weigh a certain amount, I've always allowed 1-2pounds for clothes :) depending on what they are :) your weight shouldn't change from lying down, but you are tallest first thing in the morning, as the day goes on the cartilage in your back becomes depressed resulting in a shortening in height :) funny fact ;)

Yeah weighed at home scales I know slap on wrist but I have been keeping tabs on my scales compared to ww and they only seem to be half a pound out. Either way I'm continuing to be good on the diet except for tonight as is me and my boyfriends anniversary so hopefully that won't affect the proper weigh in with my leader on Monday! X

best thing to do is if you WI with clothes on ... then use the same clothes each week (and also the same position place of the scales on the floor, as this causes difference in the weighing also!)

Gracienoods said:
Clothes do weigh a certain amount, I've always allowed 1-2pounds for clothes :) depending on what they are :) your weight shouldn't change from lying down, but you are tallest first thing in the morning, as the day goes on the cartilage in your back becomes depressed resulting in a shortening in height :) funny fact ;)

Yes this is very true! I always notice it in the car when looking in the rear view mirror :)

Back