Confused

That's good! Its shocking really that people are allowed to advise / dictate in her case the wrong information that is just not sustainable for some people

You can change consultant whenever you want - you don't have to stick to the same one and you don't have to ask permission or tell her if you don't want to. I think you are doing the right thing because she clearly isn't giving you the right advice - good luck

the book should be free but her prices are not bad as here in herts there 2 pound a shake or soup and the bars are 220 .... but my mate was a cdc and gave up last year so i know they how much she was paying and they do well these cdc . so they should not be taking the mick

yes thats right my bmi is 44 now and i phoned my old cdc who i last saw nov well she has told me that she will send me a forum that my doctor must sign then it needs to get the ok before they allow me to start again.. so using my exante stuff now usaly if its 40 they do let you start but not anymore

I have just been on the telephone to a new CDC and wow she is shocked in what I am telling her and can't believe I have been put on the lowest step when my bmi is so high. She is really nice and as really made me feel so much better and is actually coming out to see me on Thursday morning to restart my journey on the cd plan, She says because I have been so Ill. It better for today and tomorrow if I give the cd up and do some lite low calorie meals and restart the cd from Thursday so I would like to thank all you wonderful ladies for all your kind words and support
I will be back on Thursday to start a fresh :)

This other cdc will not be able to let you have cd either until your bmi drops just under the 40 , no matter which plan . so i hope your doctor will not charge you for signing this forum as this is why i'm not going , because i know what my doctors like on charging .but she can't give you any cd either until you get that forum siged by your doctor . as thats why i can't get any either . lets see what happens

I got charged for my little booklet too. My CDC charges £1.85 for shakes and £2.20 for bars & tetras.

Good luck with finding a new CDC x

Hi msjmc I bit confused Do you mean we can't do Cambridge if my bmi over 40. Or we can't do step 1. But can have shakes and higher calorie meal.... My dr as signed form but says he wants me to have a low calorie meal too.

my cdc my old one i rang her few days ago , i asked to go back on ss or a higher plan she worked out my bmi was 44 and said no you need to get a forum from me and go see your doctor i can't give you any cd until the doctor signs that are alllowed because of my bmi too high 44 over 40 needs the doctor ... so no cd at all she told me until my bmi is under 40

i said ho god she said cambridge are only looking out for you , god lol

some cdc do it to the book . some give wrong advice some can't wait to get rid of you soon as you get in the door , and go on about their cats and their lifes , and forget to even ask you how your getting on . lol i've had 4 CDC

Thanks will do xxxx

ok copied and pasted this for you from that site , was last weeks post i think
Hi S, with a bmi of 40 or more you need a doctor to sign the form for ANY of the plans you wish to do.. I've just been through all of this a few weeks ago, and I choose to do Exante because of the Dr's form.

You can't do CD without your Dr knowing while your bmi is that high :(
    • Share this post on
    • digg.gif
      Digg
    • delicious.gif
      Del.icio.us
    • technorati.gif
      Technorati
    • twitter.png
      Twitter
    • google.gif
      Google Bookmark It!
  • |
its like me i'm on exante until my bmi drops i read just now a person was charged 30 for the docs sig , so phone before or better still keep to the other cdc until you bmi drops lol , even if you buy 4 a day you don't have to have them ... shes not watching you lol but you know what i mean ... good luck . i hope your not confused.com lol

Hi thanks for this info. Can't believe some drs actually charge. For signing. And so much too, thankfully my dr signed my form and got that back today but my CDC forget to but her details on it. So hoping new CDC will be ok to use it. But under where the dr as she they have stated I must have a low calorie meal too. But my CDC said no I will be ok on shakes But hopefully it will all sort it self out as I really want to carry on doing cd as the diet itself is good and will work

Ho thats great you won't have no worries then it will be ok .
Just get shaking them down ... how much is the new cdc charging for the shakes and bars ?

She charging me 2 for ready made and bars and 1.85 for shakes porridge and soups.
Says it will be 39 ish a week

Sounds like you've had a rough start but chin up and you will do great! My CDC charges a flat £2 rate for all products and book was £1.50 but she is really helpful and will always respond to any questions I have, but good luck to you and I hope your journey get easier from now on :)

Thats not bad price .
Let us know how it goes ok , soon be off to a good start !

Back