Confused

Fruitybabe

Well I am a bit confused. I have been sticking to the plan to the letter and writing everything down and my weight does not seem to be budging. I lost half 2 weeks ago and couldn't get to class last week but my scales said -2 lb. then I weighed this morning and I have put on 3 lb since Thursday.
I don't get it, I am a bit constipated and I am taking tablets for my pains, ibuprofen and codeine. Can they bung me up? I feel like people will think I am cheating or not doing it right but I am. Any ideas guys :)

Don't trust your scales! I went to my first weigh in on Monday night, worried because my scales said I'd put on 4 pounds. I got on the SW scales and I'd maintained my original weight. So I've started to restrain myself, and just rely on my Monday night weigh in.

You'll probably find you've not put any on at all!

as charl says stop weighing yourself at home, the only weight that matters is the SW one.

and yes your codeine will bung you up big time, make sure you're drinking loads of water and increase your exercise and dietary fibre.

Relax, trust the plan hun, it does work :) x

Thanks guys :) I know I shouldn't worry or weigh at home but I can't help it. I just can't seem to get past this weight at the moment but I am dealing with a lot pain wise so maybe that is why.
I am drinking tons of water today see if that helps I just don't see it possible my weight can Change by 3 to 4 lb in a day. Sorry for the moan but don't know what else to do :(

Thanks Kerry. I really didn't think it was possible will have to see what the scales say tomorrow. That is so weird they can be different by that much coz its quite a lot really

Yes any painkiller will bung you up and retain water in your body. As someone else said make sure you have some bran or better still prunes or dried apricot (unfortunatley you have to syn them) and drink plenty of water.

I was horrendously constipated a couple of weeks ago- it went on for 10 days. If you are suffering back pains you should see your GP asap. Painkillers will constipate you further so stick to water, fruit and maybe some Fybogel. Scan Bran worked well for me, so maybe pick some of that up.

You need to remember that if you are holding weight due to the constipation you will have to lose it eventually. Don't become disheartened- definitely carry on going to class etc. I managed only a 1lb loss on my constipated week but a 2.5lb loss the week after, so you WILL SEE IT!!!

I take cocodamol several times a day, plus ibuprofen and diclofenac if I need more pain relief. They definitely contribute to bloating and constipation and I have to try and counter it with lots of water every day, lots of fresh fruit and scan bran.

I still get bloated weeks but I know it's water weight and not fat weight so I'm learning to live with them. Bad pain days are becoming less often as the weight is coming off so I know that it's worth the odd bit of bloat now and then. I've lost 52lbs since June so it is do-able with having to take regular medication.

Good luck with it, you'll get there :)

WTheyS. Don't get disheartened and don't pay too much attention to your at home scales. Codiene is a awful for making you constipated. Looking at your sig your losses look really good, you're doing so well and we all have little blips. If you're sticking to plan it will show eventually. x

Thanks guys you have yet again made me feel better. It is annoying knowing meds are making me constipated etc... But I can't manage without them so I have to learn to live with them do to speak.
I have been so good on plan so I know it will show sooner or later, you guys have done amazing so at least I know there's hope for me too. I am hoping as I lose more the pain will get better.

Thanks guys you have yet again made me feel better. It is annoying knowing meds are making me constipated etc... But I can't manage without them so I have to learn to live with them do to speak.
I have been so good on plan so I know it will show sooner or later, you guys have done amazing so at least I know there's hope for me too. I am hoping as I lose more the pain will get better.

If you're on the meds long term will the Doctor not give you something to combat the constipation?

I already have fybogel Pepsi but it doesn't seem to do the job. Mind you tho I have
Not really given it a chance lately will have to try again.
I hope I can get some relief soon, I am able to go but don't feel as if I am done if you know what I mean. Gonna go to the docs if it carries on as it's getting me down now just glad I am able to go sometimes. Then others it goes too far in the other direction, oh how I would love to have normal bowels lol

Hi Fruitybabe.
Welcome to the best "club" on this website!
Sorry to hear about your problems but as you loose weight you may find that you can reduce your tablets, when I started I used to take 12 tables on the morning & 4 at night , now 7 in the morning & 1 at night, all the pain from my joints have gone and I feel a lot fitter, so be patient.
keep a food diary is a good idea and put it on the web, this way if you are doing anything wrong the members will soon tell you. Good Luck!
Pete

Thanks Pete :). I am loving SW but everything seems to have ground to a halt now not losing even though I have been excellent. I have been eating the speed soup all week but has not helped me at all, I am constipated and don't know what to do maybe go to the docs?
I know it will catch up with me at some point but I am going away in july to London and I wanted to lose a good few stone but am feeling despondent now as it isn't budging. I can't exercise at the moment as my knees are bad so that's annoying me too.
Anyone else had any experiences like this is there light at the end at the tunnel? :)

Fruitybabe, I just had another thought. I get this problem on Red days so what I do as I am sitting down, I start massaging my lower tummy gently for 5-10 minutes and then I can go better.

I will definitely try that next time see if it helps :) in class now waiting for image therapy to start hopefully will get some tips :)

Back