confused

fat_2_fabulous

Silver Member
on celeb slim. when lookin for food do you just look for low carbs...like mayo has trace does that mean i can have it?!xx

I don't know whether I am doing it correctly but on the main boards I read the following pointers, so they are my rules:
1. no more than 1250 calories per day.
2. no more than 10g carbs per 100g food (look on the packs - but I tend to be sticking to the same things if you have a read of my diary, and am going for as low carb as I can).
3. no more than 150g carbs per day (but I'm sticking well below that mainly because I am just having 1 shake per day).

It's not the clearest of diets really and does have the danger of being quite boring and samey but from my experience of diets - with the exception of sole sourcing on Lighter Life - I have never once been on a diet where I have lost as much on week 1 (5.4lbs).

Why not start a diary, and people can comment on it and try and help?

how do i get on your diary??

i dont know if i eat too much tho. i like cheese and eat a little bit more than 30 g but the cheese i had yday had like nothin in in regards to carbs! but i have quite a big tea like chicken, cauli, sprouts and broccoli to a point where i cant eat any more!!!! surely tha cnt be right

Hi Tina

My diary is here on this very forum: http://www.minimins.com/celebrity-slim/80381-yo-yos-celebrity-slim-diet.html

I tend to just break the diet down into six sections (well, it's actually five now I have got the swing of it). As you can see from my diary I just note down the five 'meals / snacks' that I have and how many calories they are.

It is really more calorie counting and portion control more than anything else. The literature you get with CS isn't brilliant so don't worry about being confused. After the first couple of days when I had got over my carb craving and I didn't have any hunger pangs I thought to myself I would reduce to one shake and just try and up my protein levels and keep carb levels as low as I could. It seems to be working. If you eat less than 2000 calories (or however many you need to maintain) than you should lose weight and honestly this has been the first time I have been eating so little calories and not being hungry. With a conventional high-carb diet I would have had 1100 calories by lunchtime then been starving all afternoon.

You're probably not eating too much.

1. Shake @ 250 cals.

2. Shake @ 250 cals.

3. 30g of cheese is 123 calories no carbs (obviously you don't know how much in weight you ate though)

4. The book does state that you should only have about 100-150g portion of 'meat' so 150g chicken breast is 182 calories. Allow probably 100 calories for your veggies.

So you can see you might have eaten loads of foods, but not loads of calories. So far with 4 meals you're only up to 902 calories and the Australian site tell me that it's 1250 on average so you've still got 250 cals to spend and 2 meals to go.

i think the best thing to do is not focus on the carb content of food more eating the right food. avoid anything that falls in the main carb group (bread, cereal, rice, pasta etc) and i read on another forum per normal portion (when you read the back of a label) should be below 7g.

a good thing to do if your sick of veggies, eat sugar free or really low fat options like sugar free jelly and muller light yoguhrts are really tasty (all less that 100 cals per pot and really delicious!)

Hiya!

For me, as long as you only have a small amount, then it's not going to hurt you.

I have had a sachet of Mayo and Salad cream at work with my salad, and it has done nothing to my weigh ins....

Just remember to be sensible with it, and stick to the diet as tight as you can.

Hope this helps?

xx

I have lots of mayonnaise, by the way. I couldn't eat a salad without it.

Back