Confusion over syn-ing sugar correctly??

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Arcadia, 30 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Arcadia

Arcadia Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.77%)
    SW book states that 1tsp (5ml spoon) sugar is 1 syn, and that sugar cubes are only 0.5 each. A sugar cube is 4g and a teaspoon holds 4.5g so why the variation of syns? I want to be sure I am synning my sugar cubes correctly and that its not a misprint in the sw book. Am I right to be synning 0.5 for sugar cubes?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know the answer, but my initial thoughts are even though a sugar cube weighs 4grms is it all sugar, ie. what is done to make it into a cube?

4. Care Bear xxx

Care Bear xxx on a slimming mission!

Start Weight:
    18st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(35.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A combination of sugar crystals and sugar syrup are mixed together to make sugar, so maybe its because theyre not 100% sugar, as the sugar syrup is made using other ingredients - prob water its not as synful as sugar? I dont know for sure, but thats the only thing i can think of!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.