Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Confusion over syn-ing sugar correctly??

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Arcadia, 30 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Arcadia

Arcadia Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(5.77%)
    SW book states that 1tsp (5ml spoon) sugar is 1 syn, and that sugar cubes are only 0.5 each. A sugar cube is 4g and a teaspoon holds 4.5g so why the variation of syns? I want to be sure I am synning my sugar cubes correctly and that its not a misprint in the sw book. Am I right to be synning 0.5 for sugar cubes?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know the answer, but my initial thoughts are even though a sugar cube weighs 4grms is it all sugar, ie. what is done to make it into a cube?

4. Care Bear xxx

Care Bear xxx on a slimming mission!

Start Weight:
    18st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(35.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    A combination of sugar crystals and sugar syrup are mixed together to make sugar, so maybe its because theyre not 100% sugar, as the sugar syrup is made using other ingredients - prob water its not as synful as sugar? I dont know for sure, but thats the only thing i can think of!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.