Consequences of not having HE and syns?

aimee_es

Hello,

I just wondered what happens if i dont manage to get in the HE's?
I have been struggling to get my HEa in, as i'm not a huge milk drinker. I have bought some dairylea triangles, so i'll try and fit them in.
Also, should i be trying my best not to use my syns, i have had 6 today, and am reluctant to have anymore, but i really really fancy something sweet!!! i know we are allowed 15, but i don't want to drastically slow down my potential weight loss, as i am already a little apprehensive as to how i can possibly lose weight when you can eat so much! Lol:D

Sorry if I've rambled

Aimee xx

I limit myself to between 6 and 10 syns per day and lose 1-2 lbs per week. I doubt I would lose if I was having 15 syns, you find your own balance I think.
If you're struggling with HEa then how about adding cheese spread triangles to mash or buying some babybels as you only need to eat 2 of those for a HEa. I don't tend to have milk very often but do try to incorporate cheese (which fortunately I love) - there's several studies showing calcium helps boost weight loss so it'd worth making sure you're getting your quota.
Hope this helps x

It's tough for people who aren't into dairy I think. The official Slimming World line is something like 'we think it's better for you to have your HEXs but if you don't it won't affect your losses'.

If you really can't stomach your HEXAs, I say try some other options like you are doing, but if you struggle: don't force yourself. You don't want to get put off the diet completely because you feel 'forced' to eat something you don't like. It's definitely healthier to stick to the diet. If you fall off plan, you'll probably eat a whole load less calcium.

I think it's worth, if you're not having HEXAs, fitting in some other calcium rich foods. I don't know what SW would say but bok choy, broccoli and spinach are all free anyway so it doesn't really matter. It won't affect your losses and it'll keep you healthy. If you're really struggling, there are calcium supplements available at health food stores.

Good luck with it all,
Ste
x

Oh yeah... and syns. Again, don't force yourself. Try and get through a minimum of five. My consultant actually says something like 'if you want fast results, cut down on your syns from the beginning'.

I always save my syns for at night as that's when I'm most likely to crave something sweet. I usually have a maximum of 10. I usually have a treat size Crunchie 4 syns and an Options drink and that satisfies my sweet tooth. The other 4 are usual taken in the day by using Elmlea in my coffee.

I think it's worth, if you're not having HEXAs, fitting in some other calcium rich foods. I don't know what SW would say but bok choy, broccoli and spinach are all free anyway so it doesn't really matter. It won't affect your losses and it'll keep you healthy.

That's a fab idea, important to remember calcium doesn't have to come from dairy x

Back