COnsidering joining LL

parmaviolet

Hi, I am considering joining LL and was wondering about the form your GP has to fill out. Do I just make an appointment and ask my GP to fill out the form? Did you have any problems with this?

Thanks for your advice.:)

You shouldn't have any problems. I had mine filled out straight away by my GP. Just had to make an appointment. That was a few years ago though so I'm not sure how it works now.
I doubt you should have any problems but if you do I know that your LLC can refer you to a private doc who fills the form for s small charge.
Good luck.
M. X

Hi Parmaviolet and welcome.

My doctor filled my form in without hesitation - but to be honest I think he was just trying to get me out of the surgery ASAP as I told him if he didnt sign my form and let me try LL then I was going to get a loan and have gastric surgery. He probably thought if he signed it he wouldnt have to listen to me going on and on any more lol.

Hi Parmaviolet :),
Im getting ready to start LL but have recently had a bit of trouble with my GP.. My surgery dont exactly agree with a VLCD so he was happier for me to have the gastric band.

When i did see him to discuss it, he didnt want to do it on the spot and made me leave it with him and wanted a fee if it was in the surgerys policy to support LL.

If you get the same reaction like myself just contact the LL councillor for your area.
My LLC gave me the contact details for several private surgerys one of which signed it for a fee of £20 :).

Wishing you the best of luck.

I have to have a new medical done as I've been 'away' for a while but rather than going to the gp I will have a doc waiting for me this evening at my group meeting. It's so convenient as I would find it difficult to get to my gp so quickly because of my work schedule. All good then :)

Hi all,
Do you need to get a GP referral to embark on Lighter life? Was wondering if I could start on LL without the need to see my gp?

Hi Yes you do need doctors consent, they have to sign a consent form and there may be small charge

@ Rachellee. Ideally you should go and see your doctor but if for some reason they won't sign your form you can ask your to LLC to refer you to a doc that works with them. Yes they might charge you a little but it's so worth it!
Best of luck.
Mags xxx

Hey guys - superdrug sign the consent form :D

Hi all,
Do you need to get a GP referral to embark on Lighter life? Was wondering if I could start on LL without the need to see my gp?

Hi Rachellee,
No you dont really need to see them before hand but i guess its personal preferance really if you do or dont.
I got in touch with Lighter Life myself and the only envolvment my GP had really (or not as he refused) was the signing of the Health questionnaire but if they have more support to give than thats great.
Also as Iwillgetthere said, Superdrug can do it too for you and take your blood pressure, all you need to do is ring the Lighter Life helpline to see what stores near you do it or get your LLC to give you details of doctors who will sign it :).

lighter life diet

:)hi, i joined last sat 2nd sept, just gave d form in to my doctors reception and got it back in couple days at no charge:)

Where there's a will there is a way. Dont think anyone has actually not gotten their form signed. If their doctor wont sign it they either try another doctor or go elsewhere. There will always be someone willing to sign it.

Back