Considering JUDDD, but need inspiration.

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I haven't been on minimins for a little while, went AWOL and boycotted all the various diets I was trying & failing at and as a result I've now gained more weight and am even more miserable!

I was going to CC and exercise regularly, and that is meant to be the healthiest way of losing weight - but I absolutely HATE healthy food. And that is not an exaggeration! I dislike most vegetables, and most fruit. I'm not a meat fan, only like chicken and salmon, but they're boring me now and the taste makes me gag because I've had too much of both. All the whole clean foods that are meant to be really good for us - I don't like them. And it's not like I haven't given them a chance, because I have! I've tried them all, even forced myself to eat most things as I know their beneficial to my health, but I can't do it anymore.. there's nothing worse than not enjoying your food, and that's how I was feeling!

I'm interested in JUDDD, because it seems straight forward and it's CC in principle but a different form. I'm okay with counting calories, so long as I can eat the things I enjoy with my calories, which aren't exactly junk food - some fruit, wholegrain cereals like weetabix and shredded wheat, skimmed milk, muller lights and fat free natural yogurt, snack a jacks and cereal bars.

But, I need inspiration. I need to know that JUDDD works and the weight losses are good & that it'll work for me too! So could you please all give me some advice, support and any tips you have, and let me know what your JUDDD losses have been!

It does work Lauren, I've lost 6lbs in my first week and that was after I messed up my DD before weigh in x

I'm torn between JUDDD and normal CC. But I think I'd get bored of consuming a set amount of calories per day, and I've always been the type to binge one day then be strict with a diet the next then binge again etc. So in that respect I think JUDDD would suit me more. How long have you been on the plan now? x

I started last Tuesday so a week, if you do it right you won't be hungry, You can find bread for around 50 cals a slice so I've been living on toast and sugar free jellies and hot chocolates on down days and really not been hungry at all! And it's great on an up when you can eat as much as you want really x

That's what I like about it, cause some days I'm genuinely not that hungry and more thirsty than anything so drink a lot of coffee and have a few ice lollies etc.. But then other days I can't stop eating! So I'm gonna give it a go :) I'll try a week and see what my results are and if it works for me. A week is nothing it it means it work! x

Just give it a chance it's like 3 alternate days of dieting so just take it each dd at a time and enjoy the ups x

Yeah I will. I want my DD's to be Monday, Wednesday, Friday so I'm gonna have my first dd tomorrow. And hopefully it'll be boiling hot again cause the heat puts me off eating! x

Hi Laurenmay, Like you I get days when I dont feel like eating & then others where i just eat & snack all day. JUDDD feels like the closest to how I normally eat, so if I stick to the rotation, stay within my calories & reverse the 80/20 junk vs good nutrition then this is no longer a diet but a WOE that is sustainable for life. They'll always be the odd blip but it seems to be very forgiving & a couple of DDs gets you back on track. Give it a try & good luck.

I wish I had some success stories of other JUDDD'ers cause that's what I need to 100% make up my mind regarding this diet..

Morning, I have been on Juddd now for 11 weeks, I absolutely love it because I love my food, I do like some healthy stuff but tend to enjoy foods that are usually forbiden on a weight loss plan, I only regard myself as dieting 3 days a week, I don't religiously track my UP days but they are around 2000 - 2500 mark usually more on a weekend. My losses are not going to set the world on fire (not sure if you can see my signature some can't ?) but in the last 10 weeks on juddd I have lost 13lbs, bearing in mind I have weekends off and just 3 DD s a week I think its pretty miraculous . I don't see it as a diet anymore I am not looking for it to end to have the nice things I want as I know I can have them in a matter of hours. Even when I get to goal which I know I will on Juddd I will still use it to maintain, I am sort of addicted to my DD s now.
You have to have faith that it will work, my weight fluctuates UP and Down wildly through the week but the increases never show , but the overall trend is usually down (I have had 2 STS but no gains) You have to be realistic , you will probably lose a good few pounds the first week like on most diets but then it will slow , but because its easy in my opinion to stick to then the weight loss is sort of a plus side to it, there is also the Juddd magic effect to take into account. There is a thread somewhere I started abouyt fat loss on this diet, the weight you lose will be actual fat rather than water or muscle , this shows quicker on your body, you will notice your body shape change much quicker than your weight losss, This time last year I was nearly a stone lighter (lost weight with vlcd gained it all back and more) but bizarrely I am the same size and shape I was then, all the clothes I was wearing then now fit me again and some are even a little roomy, sorry I have waffled on but I am a true convert, I love this diet and what it is doing to my body, give it a go, trust in it and it will work . Any questions then ask away we are a really friendly little gang x

I echo what has been said. I had been doing atkins for a while but had sts for a number of weeks, then I decided to add in juddd whilst still sticking to low carb and I have lost 1 lb each week since I added in juddd, even though I have been eating more on my UD than I had before. I have being only been juddding for two weeks but clothes that I could not fit into 2 weeks ago now fit, with only 2lb down, weird....

I really want to start JUDDD, im currently on cambridge and have around a stone to go. i'm aiming to get into the 8s with my goal being in between 8st - 8st 4lbs so i'm hoping to start JUDDD when i get to around 8st 11ish so that i can bring back food in whilst having cambridge products on my down days. only thing im worried about is going from a vlcd straight to juddd but then i'm going to have to eat at some point so i think juddd is a good way of moving on. has anyone else on here gone from a vlcd to juddd?

Hi yes loads of us have some have gained a couple of pounds some have sts and others like myself have lost on the first week but as you can gain on average 7lbs when comiung off vlcd I think these results are very good, well done on your weight loss so far I take my hat off to anyone who can stay on a vlcd longterm x

Hi yes loads of us have some have gained a couple of pounds some have sts and others like myself have lost on the first week but as you can gain on average 7lbs when comiung off vlcd I think these results are very good, well done on your weight loss so far I take my hat off to anyone who can stay on a vlcd longterm x

thanks for that, i was expecting a little gain but sometimes ive heard with some diets, like you say you can gain up to 7lbs, thats why i was looking into JUDDD as i can do cambridge on the down days during the weight loss stage then just count calories when im maintaining. i'm really looking forward to bringing food back in to my diet now so i think juddd will hopefully allow me to treat myself and help me manage my weight at the same time. seems like the perfect diet, im more than happy to have a low calorie day followed by a high calorie if it means i can allow myself to have some cheesecake!

Wow you learn something new everyday. I hadn't ever heard of this diet until 2 minutes ago. Sounds too good to be true but judging by the posts I've read, it seems to work great. I may consider this for maintenance.

Back