Considering Restarting CD

Jacey

Hello

Im considering restarting CD and if I do it will be my third time. The first time I tried last year I gave up after 2 weeks as I had various functions to go to and kept cheating.

Recently I tried again only to have a bad sickness bug which knocked me about a bit and that time I only managed 2 full days.

I miss food / chewing and have considered doing 790 but I have a wedding abroad to go to in Oct and wanted to loose as much as possible between now and then. If I was to start SS do you think my CDC would allow me to start off using the bars as 1 meal a day as its the only way I think I may be able to stick at it this time?

Has anyone had any experience of doing something similar?

Any advice greatly appreciated x

Well as I'm sure you're aware we recommend that you don't have the bars in the first two weeks because it can slow you down getting into ketosis which means the hunger bit lasts for longer.

However you can lose weight on 790kcal at a similar rate to SS. It may be worth doing a week of 790kcal first and then doing SS. It really does help ease you into the diet and can produce a mild state of ketosis. It may be a way in that means you can keep going. I did recently lose a stone in a month on 790kcal. So I do know it works.

But talk it over with your CDC who obviously knows you way better than I do and see what they come up with.

Good luck.

Thanks Debz - Thats a good idea - will discuss it with my cdc if i do restart,
Cheers x

Hi Jacey,

Good advice to talk to your CDC. When I did Cambridge the first time I had bars from day 1, however when I restarted the rule was no bars for two weeks. As I had lost weight before on bars I had them again from day 1. I am sure there is a reason why you shouldn't but I felt like you, it was the only way to stick to it.
Good luck

Hi
This is also my 3rd time doing a VLCD (LL & CD) I am now back doing CD and I can honestly say I feel completley different this time. I think I truely hit the state of ROCK BOTTOM and I felt this was the only thng that I could do (I need to see results ASAP). I have stuck to it religiously and have even decided that I am not going to change the form of any of my packs (make muffins etc) as I am telling myself that this isn't food it's keeping me healthy (may sound silly but it works for me). My CDC also didn't let me have bars until last week and BOY was it worth the wait. Anyway back to the point, I'm sure after 10 years of being on 1 diet after another I have really messed my metabolism(sp?) and if I don't stick to it this time it's only going to get harder.
So bite the bullet and get back on track and we'll all be here for you,
Good luck with whatever you decide
Love

Hiya this is my 4th restart!
I did one week on SS and now im on 790 and its a hole lot easier.

Im on day 8 and today was my 1st on 790.

Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts - after trying Xenical from my GP for this week and following a low fat diet I was horrified this morning to see I have GAINED 2lbs - sometimes I feel that my body just does not work normally.

Ive decided to try again - I ve left a message for my CDC and in the meantime will start working down the plans so I can prepare my body for SS or if I really cant stick to it the 790 plan instead.

Hope to restart early next week - will post again when I do

Thanks again all & enjoy the rest of your weekend
Hugs x

Back