Considering Slim and Save - how do you find it?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm considering doing Slim and Save but wanted to find out how others find it. What are the packs like, do you like them? Are the meals (spag bol etc.) nice? Bet they're tiny? Do you find it easier to stick to because there is some kind of meal that you actually eat rather than drinking anything? Would like to hear about people's experiences, views, losses etc. to do with Slim and Save :)

Hi Caroline,
I think first of all you have to be in the right frame of mind and actually be prepared because this diet requires a lot of motivation and willpower.I have tried many times before to start a vlcd when I was feeling down and just not ready for it and would always fall of the wagon after a couple of days.
The first couple of days is the hardest but once you get into ketosis it does get a little easier. Once you see the weight coming off , it will keep you motivated try not to think I have so many weeks left etc. I take it day by day and each weigh in helps me to stay on the diet.
As for the meal packs everyones taste are different however slim and save have a large variety so I'm sure you will find something to suit you, I would order the sample box and try them all out. I previously did lipotrim and at one point was only having 3 choc shakes a day, I like the fact s&s have mealpacks that I actually look forward to with some veg it makes the diet much easier for me. Also if you really want somethijg to eat you can have 3 packs and some protein and veg(with a multivitamin so you get your daily nutrients).
I've been on it properly for a just over a week now and I feel great loss 15 lbs, not sure what else to add lol

caroline g said:
I'm considering doing Slim and Save but wanted to find out how others find it. What are the packs like, do you like them? Are the meals (spag bol etc.) nice? Bet they're tiny? Do you find it easier to stick to because there is some kind of meal that you actually eat rather than drinking anything? Would like to hear about people's experiences, views, losses etc. to do with Slim and Save :)

Hi Caroline

Personally I prefer the shakes to CD and the meal packs are nice too. I tend to stick to cottage pie and spicy spaghetti but try them all to decide. There's a great sticky that reviews the packs and shows pictures too!

For me, the meals do make it easier to stick to and the veg allowance even more so. I've switched to 3 packs plus protein this week and I'm stuffed after my protein meal!

My losses aren't as high as others and I have been 100% on plan but I have been on and off vlcd's for about 5 years now so think I've screwed my metabolism! Don't take my losses as the norm!

Hope that helps!

Try the packs and see what suits you hun

It's great that its flexible, can have 3 & protein or 4 days as you like. Plenty of veg choices really helps to bulk up the meals

I've loved plan and recommend it to anyone LOL really is good the variety. I've found my tastes change each month, at first I had meals and shakes and bars. Now I tend to mostly have shakes

Good luck with your journey hun Xx

Yes the meal packs look tiny (but very deceiving) with the veg/salad allowance they fill you up very well (I tend to struggle to finish mine) & very tasty!!!

I started with the sample box & work from there! the shakes are very nice too (not tried the soups yet, I wasnt keen on the soups with CD so yet to venture) & I've only tried a couple of bars (nice treat but not something I'd have regularly)

I have to say I am loving this diet, it doesnt even feel like a proper diet :) Get a sample box & try i say :)

Thanks for all the replies. My boyfriend lost weight on Exante and stopped when we met (oops think that was my fault) and we were both fine at first but then we started eating out more and stuff like that so have both put a little bit of it back on. He's decided to do Exante again but we tried a couple of months ago and I just couldn't hack it. I lost 3 stone on CD so I know I can do a VLCD but I just couldn't cope with Exante. I'm hoping that Slim and Save will be better because the thing I struggled with was feeling like I was actually eating something. It didn't help that I hated their soups!

So think I'm going to give S&S a go, see how it is. I think for it to work we both need to be doing it really, I can't sit at his house eating dinner whilst he drinks his Exante shake or vice versa, it just wouldn't be helpful. I'm going to order the sample pack and start it on the 17th of September (14th is my birthday so after that weekend) and then that pack will do me until pay day (I'm just starting my job next week, can't afford a full month right now) and then, if I'm happy with it, I can order a month's supply. Hopefully it'll go well!

caroline g said:
Thanks for all the replies. My boyfriend lost weight on Exante and stopped when we met (oops think that was my fault) and we were both fine at first but then we started eating out more and stuff like that so have both put a little bit of it back on. He's decided to do Exante again but we tried a couple of months ago and I just couldn't hack it. I lost 3 stone on CD so I know I can do a VLCD but I just couldn't cope with Exante. I'm hoping that Slim and Save will be better because the thing I struggled with was feeling like I was actually eating something. It didn't help that I hated their soups!

So think I'm going to give S&S a go, see how it is. I think for it to work we both need to be doing it really, I can't sit at his house eating dinner whilst he drinks his Exante shake or vice versa, it just wouldn't be helpful. I'm going to order the sample pack and start it on the 17th of September (14th is my birthday so after that weekend) and then that pack will do me until pay day (I'm just starting my job next week, can't afford a full month right now) and then, if I'm happy with it, I can order a month's supply. Hopefully it'll go well!

Good luck, I have never done a vlcd before this one so I have nothing to compare it to?
I do love the variety on this one though..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Ok am still a wee bit confused! Have ordered a monthe supply from Exante and know I have three packs a day. Have also ordered a sample pack from S&S for a weeks, but have four packs a day,, or three and a protein meal of your choice, ie chicken breast or fish. Is that right?

willowmcg said:
Ok am still a wee bit confused! Have ordered a monthe supply from Exante and know I have three packs a day. Have also ordered a sample pack from S&S for a weeks, but have four packs a day,, or three and a protein meal of your choice, ie chicken breast or fish. Is that right?

Yep that is right but s&s reccomend that if you have 3 packs a day and protein meal that you should also take a multivitamin so that you get all your nutrients. All the information will be on the leaflet that comes with the products.Good luck on exante and s&s:)

Thanks Yasmin, will have a look when it arrives , maybe tomorrow, four packs seems quite a lot, or three and a meal
By the way, fantastic losses for you, hope I do as well!

Last edited:
I am nearly done with my first week and the best thing you can do hun is order the variety of packs for around £29, I love the curry, the porridge and the oatmeal, the shakes are by far my favourite though, especially the red berry, mmm. But we are all different! This diet does offer plenty of variety and there will definitely be things that you like and don't like, the first few days were the worst but once that passes you will be fine, I've actually been shocked at how painless this has been to be fair! Good luck hun :)

Thanks Yasmin, will have a look when it arrives , maybe tomorrow, four packs seems quite a lot, or three and a meal

Exante packs have more calories though so it equates to the same thing overall. Having 4 packs allows you to have a bar as an evening treat with a coffee, or however you decide to use your 4th pack.

Exante packs have more calories though so it equates to the same thing overall. Having 4 packs allows you to have a bar as an evening treat with a coffee, or however you decide to use your 4th pack.

Thanks BordersGirl, good to know they have the same amount of calories, wasn't sure about that. My parcel is coming this afternoon, so I'll have a good read through.

Im thinking of doing S+S as my CDC has decided to no longer be a CDC and someone nudged me this direction! Sorry to sound a bit dim but from what I've read of S+S seems go be the same as Cambridge minus the counsellor aspect... Is this right?

Yup, it's the same just no counsellor and it's a lot cheaper!

How long have you been doing it GeMzY?

How long have you been doing it GeMzY?

Just started my 3rd week, no side effects no hunger no urge to pick at all!

I previously did CD for 6 months & lost 6 stone, never found my urge to succeed in any restarts, after 3 days I'd give up & most of the weight crept back on.

Wish I'd discovered S&S a lot sooner to be honest :)

I have done cd exante and now s&s, in my opinion the s&s packs taste better, I love the bars, most of the meal packs and make the shakes up like runny puddings. I find them yummy. Also having 100g meat and 200g veg after just shakes is a revelation

I also think that in ketosis you're appetite is so blunted the meals seem really filling. The bars are also so tasty I don't feel tempted to eat anything off plan.

I have spag Bol or macaroni cheese or cottage pie every day with mushrooms, cauliflower, leeks or courgette, or a mix of all of them. I have a yummy chocky tasting bar and a crispy choc shake made up as a pudding. Try it, get into ketosis and you'll be flying.

Hi, I'm on day 4 and loving it! I did Lighterlife last year and lost a stone in 2 weeks it was good, but this one is better and obviously a lot lot cheaper! Personally I really enjoy the meals with S&S, I have a shake for breakfast, a bar during the day and then a chilli and a spicy spaghetti for tea, they're all delicious. I love S&S!! :)

Back