Considering starting SnS in the new year but.....

wobbly tum!

.....I would value peoples thoughts and opinions please :D

I started slim fast/ultra slim on the 12th November and to date I have lost 11.5lbs. Initially I started this to kick start my weight loss and swap to calorie counting in the new year but since lurking in various sections on here I am quite tempted with Slim and Save.
I know I've had a good loss so far with SF but the weight loss is slowing down now and I wonder if it would be a good idea to do switch to a total meal replacement and get 2.5 stone off and then concentrate on maintenance?

What is the average weight loss (per month or week) that people have experienced? I've looked at the website but can't really find any details on how it works/what I can eat etc (unless I am being REALLY stupid! (just found the programme details online)) I've read that you can have 100g lean meat and 150g of certain veg. Is this on the total meal replacement or the one with the meal in the evening? Just a little confused :confused: with it all and would like as much info as possible to make my decision :D Are the shakes ok/nice made with water rather than milk?

Thanks for reading this far and sorry that I seem to have asked a question that is asked a lot!
WT

Last edited:
If you can stick to SF youll find S&S no problem. You can have 4 packs (TFR) or 3 packs and protein & veg... the weight loss is the same - around a stone a month which ever way you do it. The shakes are lovely made with water and the food packs are really tasty. If I was you Id order a sample pack - youve nothing to lose :)

I'm now in week 12 and have dropped 3 stone. If you're ok with SF I agree, you'll be fine with S&S. I've varied the plan, it's not very often I have less than 4 packs but on a good number of days I've also had protein and veg and sometimes had an on plan blow out too - an extra bar or wafer, or cheese, or 200g of chicken rather than 100g - and I've still averaged more than a stone a month so far.

I started with a starter pack and tried the vast majority of it, apart from the nutty or coconut bars that I really don't like, I ordered more of some, and some others I won't order again - it's a good buy to try everything out. Give it a go, you've nothing to lose (other than the obvious ;)).

Well done on your weight loss so far, shows you are in the right frame of mind.

I LOVE slim and save. I have averaged 2.5lbs per week, but I have a slow metabolism. It sounds as though your losses may be the same, slightly more wih sns so I guess the choice is yours.

Obviously the meals/shakes etc are personal taste but I have never had them with milk and like most of them (I can only not stomach one, and I obviously have favourites but they are all passable, I love banana, strawberry and chocolate, and the meals are great)

You can mix and match the 3 + protein or 4 pack options, and with both you get 200g selected veg and 150ml milk.

Thank you ladies for your input :) I'm going to order the sample pack and give it a try in the new year. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that I can do it in 10-12 weeks.
Oohh, I'm excited already! Is that very sad?

No it's not sad at all, it's brilliant! I want to shout from the rooftops about how amazing it all is and how it's made me feel. I've dieted for most of my life and only got bigger and bigger, I've not been able to stick with anything cause the disillusionment of the incredibly slow results have just led me to seek solace in more food. S&S is not like that at all, the results are there so quickly that it keeps you on track. The info I've found online through support sites has led me towards books that have helped to address the other areas of overeating that have led me to this place - and all of that is amazing. To find myself fitting 4 dress sizes smaller than I was in 12 weeks ago is outstanding and I can't begin to tell you what an absolute difference that has made to me. I've always struggled to be proud of me, I'm my own worst critic and I've given myself a really hard time for my continued dieting failures. Now I'm proud, and a little amazed at what I have achieved - and that's down to S&S.

So be excited, cause that's getting you ready for feeling utterly amazing, and that feeling is priceless :)

Back