considering weight watchers

x-cmm-x

Hi there everyone, im new to this site and am after some advice. I am considering begining the weight watchers diet but before parting with money i wanted some honest advice on how successful people have been with this diet. I would be after going to the mettings for the weekly weigh in as more an incentive to make sure i loose some weight. I have tried the atkins diet in the past and found it just made me feel sick and as soon as i ate anything but meat i immediately put weight on. Any help would be really helpful, thanks in advance xxxxxxx

I recommend spending an hour reading various posts, diaries and looking at the monthly challenges. When on track, I lose. But then again sticking to any diet will see results. I've tried sw and rosemary Conley but prefer ww. All the best!

thanks for your reply, im really hoping this will be successful, i have been reading some of the posts and can see alot of people have lost a hell of a lot of weight which is great :). I am wondering wether to try the online version first to see if i get along with the diet. does anyone else have experience with the online scheme?

I do Both- I need the weekly wi but also the tools online- are you in England? Sometimes there are free joining passes which are great.

yeah im in england i have found a way of getting 3 months online dieting for free but my partner was saying im better off going to meetings but the problem im finding is i wouldnt want to become too reliant on the meetings incase i cant afford to go one week and end up losing focus. My partners auntie attends the local ww meetings and has offered to do a wiegh in at her flat every week to save us some cash but im not sure if her scale are as accurate as the ww ones. hmmm im just not sure what to go with. is the online scheme you use any good?

I love it- I track everything that goes onto mouth!!

Have you considered wi using the scales in boots?!

yes good job!! what is going on ...
33.momodo.jpg

I'm not quite sure if the same offer is available on the UK website, but I just joined WW online (the Dutch site) and got a 7 day free trial.
Now, your partner has also got a good point, if there are meetings in your area maybe you can join their club?
Where I live we don't have one nearby so I could only join the online version, but with a club you can make friends and motivate each other, I hear the support is really good and you can ask questions in person, so to me it seems really nice to be able to join one.
Don't be scared or ashamed, cause everyone there is going through the same thing and no-one is likely to judge you, I hear this is why so many people don't want to go, so I thought I should mention it.
I don't know what works out cheaper, the online section or a club, but if you can get the free online trial, definitely go for it, cause if you don't like it you can cancel within a few days and you don't have to pay for a thing.
Good luck :)

Not sure if the deal is still on, but get £30 cash back when you sign up to Quidco.. my first 3 months membership cost me under £2!!!

i used the quidco cashback as well but my local meeting did not have a very motivating leader so I now use the value diary app for my ipad and I have a collection of cookbooks and I track everything. I had a hiccup over christmas but back on the wagon again. Good Luckl

I do weight watchers online (iPhone app)
My first week I lost 3lbs and 2nd week I am on course to lose 2 I think

I have followed it perfectly! It allows way more freedom than other diets! I worked out my points into calories the other day and 34 points was about 1500cals once I added my free fruit etc!

It feels like I am eating way more than I did, which I am, I am making better choices! For example I wouldn't eat a snack worth 10 points as it eats into my points!

hi all thanks for all the help, after having a good think im going to go with the online version and you were right its through the cash back scheme, here goes wish me luck lol

Back