constant failing....

lisalollipop13909

Silver Member
I constantly fail diets or even healthy eating. Now my weight has just into the obese range and now started to worry about my health. I am doing sw but not succeeding with it. Anyone got any advice or in the same boat?

Why are you not succeeding? Is it that you're eating too much or not the right things?

If its the wrong things, don't buy them. Shop online and leave out most of the stuff that's too tempting for now. Remember though that SW is about everything in moderation so you're teaching yourself control. You CAN have a pieces of chocolate cake so you're not deprived, you can't dive face first into it and have the whole cake though.

If it's too much, try changing proportions on the plate. IE put more veggies than usual and less meat/starch etc. Also, don't feel you have to eat everything you've cooked. Contrary to what our parents used to imply, Ethiopians will not be hindered if you don't clear your plate. You can always have seconds if you're still hungry too so don't feel you have to serve everything you have cooked.

The Cambridge diet is a VERY hard diet to stick to, it require total dedication to remove yourself from food completely and commit to the shakes and soups they have given you. I tried this diet and failed, after a while of being on VeryLowCalorieDiets your body becomes adjusted to the amount of calories you've been ingesting, therefore when you do come of the diet (naturally you will start to eat more calories than you were on the diet) your body is used to fewer calories and you gain some weight even though you might have been eating healthily.
I am now on diet chef which is a 1200 calorie a day diet whilst I found it to be slower weight loss than the Cambridge diet but I rejoice that I can put real wholesome food in my mouth.

Hello, I'm starting my third week on my diet, here are my tips so far. I'm eating a good 1,500 calories which means I am not having many cravings or hunger, so I feel pretty comfortable (at the moment!). This is good for the long term

Also the way I got back into diet mode this time was by having a chart (with only the week ahead marked out, anymore can look daunting and unattainable) and I tick off each day, and add up my calorie deficit for the day. It is rewarding to see the calories adding up, and the days completed, and it reminds you of your diet, so you are less likely to "just forget" you are dieting and just start eating delicious things again.

I will be aiming for my first month completed after this week, which is very rewarding in itself too! (My goal is 3 months, and 1 stone. If I fall off the bandwagon, I will be putting a cross on my chart for each day that I do. This is to remind me that I am still in the middle of my diet, and hopefully I won't get as far as putting 30 crosses on my chart before I restart my diet again! In the past though, I *have* fallen off my diet for months, or even a year. because it's easy to "just forget" and start eating what you feel like again. that's what I've been doing this past year.

The other thing I did that got me into "diet mode" this time round was to start a diary and each day write in it: reasons that I wanted to lose weight, what I was looking forward to wearing if I did, how 3 months out of the rest of my whole life is not much time, things like that. And I write them out each night, and then the thoughts would pop into my head the next day, and it made me more aware that I was on a diet and got me into "diet mode". It has been very good of reminding me of my diet, and to get up in the morning and know that I will be dieting today.(which is easy as I can eat a generous ammount of food) I'm on my third week now. Record breaking stuff for me. I think I'm going to be able to lose my weight this time, wish me luck!

Also if you are going anywhere for a long period of time, make sandwiches and take a bottle of water so you will not go to the shops to buy delicious things, and so that you don't get starving hungry! Also avoid excessive exercise (i know) because it can make you hungry/give you strong cravings, making sticking to your diet difficult.

Last edited:
Back