constipation and help from docs (for those of you that are intrested :) )

lottie***

Hey everyone,

You probably get sick of hearing me re starting cambridge all the time!! lol! but im back on it.. and had a 13lb loss this week!! whoop!!!
I had really bad troubles with chronic constipation everytime i do this diet, in fact so bad last month i bled so much my bf had to take me to A&E as he was so worried,(im left with a few issues down there but im ok) i was taking every over the counter remedy you can think of as well as excessive fibre and i was still in that position, but iam pleased to say that my doctor prescribed me something called 'movicol' to help me continue with cambridge, the doctor was so supportive of this diet which really surprised me! the movicol is disgusting but its now working and im sooooooooooo happy!!! I wanted to share just incase some of you are having the same problems as i was as it doesnt have to be the end or de motivate you.

much love xx

Mmm BEWARE TMI - i have started having toilet issues this week i need to evacuate as its like one rabbit poo a week at the moment. Can you buy Movicol does it contain any sort of sugar etc?
x

no its only prescribed, expect to go only every while, i mean thats normal, you have no food in you, but its when you cant go after that, try dulcolax (laxative version) you can buy that and thats also quite good
x

I haven't been for 5 days now and it's starting to make me feel really bloated and blah. I am going to get some dulcolax today. Good to know there is an option if over the counter ones fail to work. Glad you found something to help make CD easier for you. Constipation really gets you down. Maybe that's why I am having a tough week this week!!

yes you can buy movicol over the countor, ive bought it several times when my daughters script has missed off her movicol but its quite expensive, ive bought the box of 30 from the boots pharmasist before, was around £8 - 10

Movicol is good and fine on Cambridge. Ducolax is a bit too harsh for a VLCD, so best avoided.

Also, if you are constipated, don't take extra fibre as it can make it worse.

Best to use the constipation preventers such as Fibre89, fibresure, psyllium husks regularly, rather than relying on laxatives, but again, any sign of constipation, then stop them immediately.

So pleased to here the doctor found a remedy for you. So uncomfortable isn't it!

ahh i didnt know you can get it over the counter! im glad you said as was thinking oh great im going to have to go and get another prescription ect and i dont have time to do that! constipation is what keeps stopping me doing this properly so iam so glad its working! and KD thanks also as i was taking extra fibre all the time!! that must not have been helping, i know not to do that again. so after nearly a whole year!!!!!! of stopping and starting i hope i can now get on with it.
I was so pleased the doctor wanted to help, i went in with the perception they wouldnt really want to, i dont know why, the doctor made a follow 6 week appointment to see how iam getting on with my weight loss too which i though was very good.

hope your all having a good positive day! xx

Wish I had known about this treatment when I was doing CD, I may not have given up.

Lottie like you I have given up on the diet a few times because of this issue, going to the toilet was so painful and it got so bad I was breaking into a sweat and could feel my Bp dropping and alomost passing out.

Good luck with the restart :)

soccermum this is where i was, was almost seeing stars at some points where i got so faint, it was one of the most terrible and painful experiences ever for me, and i tried to pretent that it wasnt an issue everytime i re started the diet! the movicol took a good 4-5 days to start working but i now take it everyday and i just love being able to go to the toilet! lol- never thought id say that!
If you go back to CD take it! it works!!! :)

soccermum this is where i was, was almost seeing stars at some points where i got so faint, it was one of the most terrible and painful experiences ever for me, and i tried to pretent that it wasnt an issue everytime i re started the diet! the movicol took a good 4-5 days to start working but i now take it everyday and i just love being able to go to the toilet! lol- never thought id say that!
If you go back to CD take it! it works!!! :)

Seems we have had the same issues regarding this, tbh I was a little embarrassed to ask my cdc about it :eek: I know I shouldn't have been, but I couldn't help it we had only just met afterall :eek: so I ended up failing the plan.

if i'm honest, I am also to embarrassed to ring her and ask if I can go back lol so I am trying another path.

Good luck with your time on the CD plan, I hope all goes well. :)

why dont you find another CDC in you area? then you wouldnt have to be so embarrased? anyway what ever you decide good luck with it! xxx

Hi Lottie

Glad to hear that your doctor has prescribed something that works for you.
My sister has a long-term problem with constipation (she's the slim one so doesn't ever do diets) and has succesfully used movicol for some years now.

Hope this makes your CD journey much easier x

Back