Constipation.....

nerac123

GO GO GO !!
Hi,
Just a quick delicate question.... I've just completed week 1 of LT - and not really had a proper 'poo' at all during the whole week.

I'm not uncomfortable or anything - just wondered if I should be doing anything about it?

Cheers everyone !

Nerac.:)

It's weird but I know what you mean. Get some fiberclear from the pharmacist or even some senokot.

i always found that senakot worked best for me. they do say that if you are drinking plenty it helps to keep your system proper.. also in week 3 i did start getting worried that I was hardly going at all... but best theory on that is that your not takin in solids so there wont be an awful lot to come out. but try senakot. x

Hi Nerac
I was 9 days last week, and had to get Fibreclear from the pharmacy! Had taken senokot every day but nothing...I am still not completely right, but the f/clear is helping a little.

Some people use ducolat, or something like that. Not used this, it is suppose to be good too.

Hope you are ok.

I sympathise, in my first few weeks i too struggled. I invested in fibreclear too, and i found it worked pretty much straight away and also i found drinking boiled water helps too(sounds yuk but i was quite surprised)

I've had constipation for years. The only thing that worked for me was Dulcolax, but it is very painful.

Try fibreclear and see if it works for you.

Thanks everyone - as always very useful !

I was just concerned about what to take - don't want to come out of ketosis !

I'll give the fibre clear a go first

Cheers !! xx

Yasmine I'm the same, Dulcolax is all that works for me but God it really is painfull so avoid this if possible Nerac,
try fiberclear, I'm not a fan but it may work for some ppl.

xxx

Hi
I spoke to my pharmacy last week as was feeling bit bloated and was constipated. She asked me was i using the fibreclear. I was but adding 1 heaped teaspoon to my drinks. She told me you can put 3 teaspoons in each shake or in water. I tried it this week and it has made such a difference with the bloating and def no constipation now ;)!
Might be worth a try

Shelly xxx

3tsp? goodness, instructions say 1tsp so that's very interesting SHelly!
Glad it's helped, that's the main thing :)

Haven't been too bad but in the last few weeks I've noticed i'm going less regularly - got some fibre clear (free!!) from chemist and to be honest didn't notice a massive difference. If I get more maybe i'll try a bigger dose but for now it's not getting to painful constipation stage.

good luck with it nerac. i think others here have mentioned psyllum husks or something, your pharmacist will know what you can take on LT.

Scotsmist - keep us posted with the dulcolax !
Ellie-emm, my pharmacist isn't very good - I'm more tempted to rely on advice here - mine isn't painful yet !
Shelly - glad you told me you can increase the dose if required, it may be needed further down the line !!:wave_cry:

Hey, I didnt go alot, but never felt uncomfortable, took Ducolax a few times just to make sure though :) xxxx

OMG!!! That is all I am saying!!!!! In it went (sorry guys)...went for a bike ride and within 30 mins I was in agony.....never rode my bike so quickly - THANKFULLY IT WAS DOWNHILL ON THE WAY BACK!

I thought it would take hours and hours to work...

Must admit though felt better today, albiet have had stomach ache every time I have a shake (for a few days now)!! Thought that was the constipation but dont know what it is now...

Anyhow, yes I would recommend,,,but dont go out after putting them in!!!

Scotsmist - keep us posted with the dulcolax !
Ellie-emm, my pharmacist isn't very good - I'm more tempted to rely on advice here - mine isn't painful yet !
Shelly - glad you told me you can increase the dose if required, it may be needed further down the line !!:wave_cry:

I have the constitution of an ox! I need to take 3 ducolax once a week to go at all. I usually take them on a Wednesday morning, and they don't 'work' until Thursday evening! LOL!

Back