Constipation??

Lots of water, none of us drink enough water. Try not to get to stressed out about it, you will go, your body is just sorting itself out, and it might be an old age thing but prunes on you breakfast cereal are a good "mover", only have 2 or 3 though or you will have the opposite.
xx
PS..just read the recent posts (pc doing odd things) and I guess your sorted now so maybe avoid the prunes...lol

Remember that constipation itself can make it look like you are not losing weight. It not only weighs additional in itself but can affect how much water you are retaining.

I have never been one to suffer constipation before my current diet but for the last couple of months (I've been on Lighter Life before recently moving to Xenical) I have had horrendous problems. I think that the body can just react to changes and things it doesn't expect in an odd way.

Sorry to drag this back up again!!

ive been a bit constipated since ive been fasting.

i know im not getting enough water.

how often can u take Dulcolax?
i had some at home so took this a few days ago.. the next day it worked but since then ive been having trouble again!

well sona i find that too! I have to be careful or i'd end up relying on them. I think the best thing to do is take skys advice lots of water and a few prunes!

Dagbird - how are you getting on? Hope u r well chick !

luv kate
xxxxx

Sorry to drag this back up again!!

ive been a bit constipated since ive been fasting.

i know im not getting enough water.

how often can u take Dulcolax?
i had some at home so took this a few days ago.. the next day it worked but since then ive been having trouble again!

Is there any way you can up your fluid intake Sona? I've never had to take the dulcolax more than once a month, so I honestly don't know.
xx

just im fasting at the moment and there is only soo much water i can drink in the morning at 3.30 or at night..i will defo try drink more and see how i get on! having said that i had a visit this morning and it went well! lolz only problem was i had just got i to work!!!

ooooh i didnt realise you werent able to have water!

how u been today? will pop to ur thread shortly
xxx

hi kate,
i am good thanks, still not lost any weight on these tablets. I have been accepted to start a new diet called sureslim. not too sure about it at the moment, but the tablets made me ill, if i wasnt constipated i was going loo 10 times a day with stomach cramps. not good :(

How are you?
xx

hey hunny!

aw sorry to hear you were not getting on with xenical! Its not for every! I do hope u find the diet what suits u best soon!

Hope u will keep posting to check on us here !

luv katie

Bump.

I'm experiencing this problem too. I know i'm getting enough water because I drink 1.5-2 litres a day, I eat fruit every day.

Its only day 4 for me, but I need to lose my 1.5 pounds a week in order for me to continue using the xenical and I haven't lost anything this week so far :(

Hello

I was like you - about 4 days in had horrendous constipation - i felt full right to the top!

I was drinking loads of water too so I think it's prob your body getting used to the change.

I know you have a set amount to lose but gve it a couple of days and you'll notice the difference xx

hi im on day 15 and i find im constipated too and i drink plenty of water.hopefully things will get moving soon xx

Me too, I drink 1.5 litre aday, min of 3 vegs for dinner, salad at lunch and 2 portion of fruit. Walk min 2miles aday. Its very uncomfortable being so bunged up.....:cry:

I went to the doctor last week about my constipation and he said that because it was just a blockage low in the bowel rather than all the way up to use glycerine (glycerol) suppositories rather than laxatives. I have to say that so far they have worked brilliantly.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I've been on Xenical for 4 days. I've been eating low fat, drinking lots of water and eating a lot of veg but I am very constipated!

I haven't had any horror orange so I must be doing something right. I can tell that I have lost weight, especially in the face, but I do feel bunged up!

Thanks for all the posters who have helped to put my mind at rest. Hopefully things will get moving soon (but not too much!) :)

It's my 7th day on Xenical tomorrow. I feel great. The constipation has stopped and all seems normal. I don't see orange poop but I assume I'm doing ok. My doc is only weighing me monthly as I've a history of bulimia & she knows I will freak out. My jeans nearly fell down tonight-it's crazy! I can see the difference big time in my face, chest, & tummy. It's great! I like my wine so have been drinking and I'm still getting results!

Even if the Xenical isn't helping much, this whole thing has really made me confront my emotional eating and realise that you don't have to live on rabbit food to lose weight almost without making massive diet changes. I can see my cheekbones-yeah!

Back